Zimbabwean Birth Certificate Help

"Certified Copy of an Entry of Birth Registered in the District of ............ in Zimbabwe"

The above statement appears on all birth certificates issued in Zimbabwe for the following reasons:

(1) When one is born in Zimbabwe, their birth record will be entered into a birth register/database kept by the Registrar of Births and Deaths in Zimbabwe.

(2) If one needs to confirm the existence of the birth record of anyone, they will be issued with a Birth Certificate.

(3) The birth certificate is an official CONFIRMATION that a birth record indeed, exist in the registrar's register/database for a particular person.

(4) The birth certificate will have details of the birth record as it appears in the birth register/database, hence the statement "Certified Copy of an Entry of Birth Registered in the District of ....... Zimbabwe"

(5) The most important number on the Birth Certificate is the "Entry number", this number is found under the date the birth was recorded in the register/database.

(6) All the other numbers on the birth certificate are for internal use by the Registrar's office (document control numbers) and have no use for the individual. So, it is important to at least remember the entry number in case the document get lost. It is easier to locate the birth record with an entry number if the need for a replacement arises.

@gmahembe Hi Georg. Would this certificate that states "Certified Copy of Entry of Birth" etc. be classified as an Unabridged birth certificate?

@gmahembe Hi Georg. Would this certificate that states "Certified Copy of Entry of Birth" etc. be classified as an Unabridged birth certificate?

- @lisabew
Hi Lisabe. An UNABRIDGED birth certificate is a full certificate that shows your father and mothers' names on it OR the one commonly referred to as the "long-form" birth certificate. An ABRIDGED birth certificate does not show your parents' names on it and is commonly referred to as the "short form" birth certificate

@gmahembe Thanks George.

Hi, I need to get a copy of my late husband's full birth certificate.  He was born at the Lady Chancellor Hospital in Salisbury, Rhodesia in 1958.  My daughter needs his birth certificate in order to apply for her passport.  I know you say I should inbox or whatsapp but I have no way of knowing your email address or mobile phone number.  Please let me know how I can contact you directly.

Thank you
Hie sir how are you l need your help urgent l lost my birth certificate l need help of getting another one how do l get it

@ntombizodwamasukume17 I have send you a private message with details

I want birth record for entry  number saw 5357/17

Hello ngoningenge1,

Welcome to expat.com!

Could you kindly provide a bit more information concerning your query?

It will be easier for other members and myself to help you.

Yoginee

Expat.com team

Hi I'm blessing melody shasha i need your help.. I was born in 1993 26 December.  I need your help my Beth certificati is missing so I need to have a new  please help

@gmahembe hi can you please help me get my birth certificate from zimbabwe, Harare?

@Yoginee I have not had a response to an enquiry I posted on Friday.  Therefore, I am not sure if I have officially joined the forum. I see on other posts that there is a private messaging option?

How do I go about registering, if I have not already done so?  I need help with obtaining an unabridged copy of my Rhodesian birth certificate.

Many thanks

Carol

Good afternoon.  Wanted to find out about details to get a full birth certificate for my passport application.  I'm currently in the UK.

Hie I need help with birth certificate copy for Beyonce Ndaubvonga was born in 15 February 2010 the certificate is from gweru registration office ,plis help she can't go form 1 without it

Hi Marve Ndaubvonga,

Send a direct message for further details

hi my name is sean im trying to get a copy of my birth certificate can you help please

@gmahembe what about if I don't know anything about my bith

@norestmarida2, you will need to have the exact date of birth and the correct full names.

It is also important to know whether you had a birth certificate from Zimbabwe before.

Under such circumstances it will take longer to locate the birth record because the records are not yet fully digitised and kept in their physical form

Regards

George Mahembe

@gmahembe Please send me your email address to ***. I need assistance with Zimbabwean documents.

Moderated by Cheryl last year
Reason : Contact details
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello kathy46,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

It is not advised to post your personal contact details on the forum for security reasons.

I invite you to ask your questions here and the members of this forum will assist you.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@gmahembe

Hi. I've seen from the forum that you have been able to help some folks get their birth certificates from Zimbabwe, and I'm wanting to know if you are still able to do that.

I have a young friend who has been cut off from her family without any legal documents in her possession. She needs to get a birth certificate. And I am wanting to help her do that

although I myself am not from Zimbabwe.

I have the details that she knows.

Please let me know your response. Thank you

@gmahembe

I can see from the above that you are are able to help people with locating Zimbabwean birth certificates.

If this is the case, please could you kindly send me a private message with your details.

@gmahembe

Hi trust you are well.

I need to get my unabridged birth certificate from Rhodesia for myself and both my parents who have passaway but I still need them.

Please can you send me your contact number on what's up so that I can contact you.

My name is Vanessa.

@bruce.philp did you get help

Hi  I need jelp obtaining my birth certificate

I was born in Harare in 1977

I have the entry number

I live in the UK 🇬🇧

Thankyou for any help

Sharon

What is the proce. Because some.are.charging 150 us dollars.

When infact they are around 18 us dollars

@gmahembe hi are you still able to help with Zimbabwean birth certificates? I need mine from Borrowdale, Harare 1985. Thanks

@Avaninatureretreat  check your inbox and email for details

I just finished using the services of George Mahembe. He was amazing! They went into the archives to find my birth certificate. Turn around time was superfast. I found him to be reliable, trustworthy and he communicated constantly with updates.

Georges services are like a diamond in the rough!

Thank you so much!!!

@Sharon Revell

You are lucky they are not charging more. I payed this to George and it was worth every cent! He service is outstanding. If you don't like the price you can also fly there to do it yourself... Good luck!

@Kenneth please help me l lost my birth now l can't remember my birth entry number

@gmahembe are you still helping with this sir?

@gmahembe.

Good morning,

So how does one get their Certificate of Live Birth? Is this done by going direct to the hospital of birth?

I appreciate your reply in this matter to my email which is as follows;-

Kind regards

Shane

Moderated by Cheryl 4 months ago
Reason : Contact details
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello shapiemau,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

For your safety, kindly avoid posting your contact details on the forum.

Personal information should be shared via the private messaging system.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@gmahembe

Hi George

Can you assist in obtaining a long unabridged birth certificate for me please and if so please let me know how we go about it. Thank you - Chris Henry

@gmahembe

Hi George - Are you able to assist me in obtaining a long (unabridged) birth certificate for me please and if so please let me know how we go abou this. Many thanks - Chris

@Cjhenry0

Check your inbox

@gmahembe good day sir, please can you advise how I can go about getting a birth certificate for my mother in law who was born in Rhodesia on 22 Sept 1949.

What are the cost associated with this?