Importing a car.

Does anyone know the cost or procedure for importing a car into Europe.  Most likely the car will cone from Britian.

Hello
1st, do u need it temporary in Egypt?
2nd. it depend on the car model, & the cc , & are you the 1st owner

Would be to keep permanently in Egypt. And it would be a secobd hand car.

how many cc?

Not sure exactly yet but most likely 1600-1800cc.

Sorry I mean to import a car from europe!

yes from Europe to Egypt
1st category:  0 - 1600 CC == >  you pay 40% customs + 15 % sales taxes + 3% development fees
2nd category: 1601 - 2000 CC ==> you pay 135% customs + 30% sales taxes + 5% Development fees

if you enter the car on trip ticket i think you gonna pay around 1500 EGP for 6 months period, after that, the car must go out Egypt's borders then you can enter it again.

40% of what value though? The car is already owned by my family so is it what its worth on egypt or in britian?

value of the car, otherwise they have references for the prices
& the car must be owned by your name

But the value of the car in britian is a lot less than here! How can I prove what its worth?

u dont need to prove as they have references of the prices out there

wt is kind & the model?

Its a volvo c70

Wt year & is it by ur name ?

I think its 2002, it is in my brothers name at the moment but can be put into mine easily.

Hi, if you wanna take my advice as a lawyer and car/motorcycle tuning expert (hobby). FORGET IT .... you will not be able to import a car to Egypt, unless you are a foreign student in one of the national universities and the car will be by trip-ticket which is a draw back system by which you are not allowed to use it except 6 months a year and park it in the free zone area ..... al such would cost you yearly 24K !!!!!! i.e. simply you can rent a car and save yourself all such hassle and waste of money!!
Cheers!! ;)