URGENT-gentle, affectionate mongrel seeks loving new home

My name is Dug, I'm a Moroccan mongrel and I'm around six years old. I really need a new home as my owner is leaving Morocco soon and can't take me with her. I was born on the streets but I really don't want to go back there, so if you can help or if you think you might know somebody who can, please let my owner know as soon as possible.

I am very well behaved and all I need is a walk a day, a meal (plus treats if I'm a good girl!) and lots of love and affection, and maybe a tummy rub or two as I really enjoy them! I am friendly, playful and loving, but I can be a little shy around people I don't know very well, so please be patient with me and I'll reward you with my loyalty. I like to guard my owners house, but really I'm a pet and it would make me sad to be left outside all day long; I don't take up much room! I might not be a pedigree pooch, but my owner says I'm beautiful and I'm fit and healthy too!

Please see pet classified section for pictures of me.
My owners email address is [email protected]

Oh, you poor baby. Why can't you be taken home with your owner? Are you sterilised and vaccinated?

Hello Dug  :D

May I Suggest you to place an advert in our section Everything for your pets in Agadir, and ask for somebody to adopt you. I am sure you will be just fine, don't worry, because your owner will take good care of not letting you down.

Regards

Kenjee

Hi Laduqesa

Thanks for reading the post and responding; my owner tells me that I am vaccinated but I've not been sterilised (she doesn't let me go near the boys when I'm in season, so I've never had puppies!).
My owners circumstances are a bit complicated and have recently changed, meaning that due to time and other restrictions, she is unable to take me with her. I know this makes her very sad, and I'm sad too, but maybe I'll find a new home where somebody else will give me just as much love, I'm keeping my paws crossed!

Hi Kenjee

Thanks for reading my post and responding; my owner tells me that she placed an ad for me in the classified section under 'pets' quite some time ago and as yet, nobody has responded. She says that she'll try again. Maybe it's because I'm not a pedigree, but I have a lovely personality, and I'm free!!

Dug

I hope someone takes you in! Maybe you could get your owner to contact that big, French run (volunteers) charity for animals in Agadir and they could help you find a new home. Here's the address:--

http://lecoeursurlapatteagadir.com/

Oh, and another thing, why don't you get your owner to post in the francophone forum for you? There are loads more French speakers in Morocco than there are English speakers.

I'm adding your a link to your post to a couple of threads in the francophone forum. The people there are looking for pedigree dogs, but I hope they'll change their minds when they hear from you.

Or have you found a new home without telling us?

Thanks again Laduqesa,

I'm still trying to re-home Dug, and as you pointed out, many folks want pedigree pooches not mongrels, but I think they have bags of character and can make great pets, Dug is certainly a very loving pet. I couldn't find that francophone forum, by the way, but I'll look again.

Thank you for trying to help, it's much appreciated

Have a great day

Kate

rusty robin wrote:

Thanks again Laduqesa,

I'm still trying to re-home Dug, and as you pointed out, many folks want pedigree pooches not mongrels, but I think they have bags of character and can make great pets, Dug is certainly a very loving pet. I couldn't find that francophone forum, by the way, but I'll look again.

Thank you for trying to help, it's much appreciated

Have a great day

Kate

Hi Kate.

On the top right hand corner of your screen you'll see a Union flag. Click on it and you then get a drop down of several other flags. Press on the French flag and you'll be in the francophone forum.

I perfectly understand your position about mongrels. I have eight cats who live with me. Every one is a street moggy, rescued by me from certain death when I found them as abandoned kittens. I wouldn't swap them for the most expensive pedigree cat in the world. They all have their own characters, they're all different and I love them all so much even though they are spoiled and they are monsters!

I do so wish you success in your quest. As a last resort, you could contact the A.H.P.A.E. (Association Hanane pour la Protection des Animaux et de lEnvironnement) in Casablanca or the big animal charity in Agadir, Le coeur sur la patte.

That's a last resort as they can give no guarantee that they will rehome.

http://www.fondationbrigittebardot.fr/i … onde/maroc

I found the french forum, thanks!

I have an advert for Dug on the Agadir charities website and their F/book page but I've had no response yet, I appreciate that there's not a lot else they can do to help. I will contact that other charity that you mentioned though, thanks, anything is worth a try.

The animals in this country just break your heart don't they, but at least we have tried to do something to help by taking them in, especially you with 8 moggies!

Thanks again for all of your help, I'll let you know if I have any luck

Please let me know.

If it weren't for the 8 cats, I'd try to take him, even if temporarily!

Good luck.