Pets in Morocco

Hello everyone,

Many of us in Morocco have four-legged friends. What about you? Do you have one or more pets? Share your experience with us!

What are the formalities to import pets in Morocco? What about pet adoption procedures in the country? Did you bring your pet from your home country to your host country? If so, did everything turn out fine?

What do Moroccans think about pets? Are they comfortable with dogs, cats or unusual pets?

Share your advice!

Priscilla

I was wondering the same.....I have two dogs....but not sure if I can bring them with me.....I think it will be too hard...cost too much. How would I go about it? Too much hassle?

Really, its so easy for you just to leave them

Pets are sentient beings , that means they have physiological and psychological needs.When we decide to welcome a new furry member to our family, it is up to us to provide them with the lifelong care they require,not only do they give companionship, but they help keep us active and our stress level down.

Tomorrow my fur babies were suppose to arrive Casablanca and at the last moment I came to know that on Saturdays & Sundays (Week end) custom department for cargo do not work and you need to coordinate with Vet in Casablanca, so I had to change the flights get cargo approval, in short started from scratch. I will request all friends please do share this information that never ever travel during weekend.

I have two dogs....I will be coming to Morocco from England. I think I will have to rehome them...they are big dogs....it will be too much hassle and stress for them to travel to Morocco....sadly.

I am sure they wnt be heavier than mine and they will be travelling from Dubai, so in your case its a short flight and less expenditure. You should have thought earlier before you brought them home and now just for few bucks you want to abandon them ?

No,

I do not want ' to abandon them ' but I think the journey will be too stressful for them.

It wnt be my babies flight will be more than 7 hrs and in ur case almost 3 hrs, yes it might be a hastle and thats why we are called guardians
By the way u will arrive tangier airport not casa, so think abt it

I could use some help in this department. I'm not worried about stress so by cargo ship or plane or submarine whatever is affordable. I have 2 dogs and 2 cats, the best price I found is $700+ per dog and $500+ per cat from Boston Mass to any port in Morocco. To me this is absolutely ridiculous, I can put them all in the same crate but They won't do group discount. There has to be someone that would ship 4 animals for less than $2400 one way. This is insanity I can have my car shipped for less.
So does anyone know an affordable means of pet transportation?
Thanks
Kurt

No....I don't.....I've had the same problem. Another problem that I've come up against is trying to rent accommodation with 2 dogs.....I can't find anyone who will rent me a place with 2  large dogs.

There are no issues for Pets , I am in Marina Golf and a lot of people in area have fur babies

Can you send me the crate size and weights , I will check and advise you accordingly

Yes let me get you the dimensions tomorrow. Its something that I am planning to build so I will have to figure final shape and materials.

Plz do check from Airline they have some standard requirements

Hassle or not mine are my family. Couldn't live without them.

I will be flying a cat and a dog from Shanghai in June.  Because of heat, the only airline that could accommodate me was Lufthansa.  I had to get a rabies shot, followed by a blood test within 30 days for both animals.  Now they are stuck in China until 3 months have past since the blood test.  The lesson here, is plan ahead... far ahead.

Qatar Airways is very friendly airline for pets and bless are those who dnt leave them behind just for sake of money.

Now that is what i call a lovely guardian.

YesI am aware of that. I will be flying my two collies from NZ via Dubai. I will be stopping over in Dubai a few days they will be in kennels there I can visit.

How are you doing in Morocco. Did you make the move.

Dogcat did you move and take your doggies to Morocco

Not yet. Still getting quotes. They have to be cleared through our govt export people and moved by a qualified safe pet mover and also cleared by the Moroccon Embassy for permission. They will need inoculation, vet check, pet passport, health certificate, ..... the list goes on. Qater pet cargo airlines seem promising. Check out their websites and also Dogtainers. ( pet movers)

https://www.dogtainers.com.au/our-care- … guarantee/

https://www.petrelocation.com/learn/how