Ramadan in Kuwait

I am just wondering how our non Muslim friends, who are not travelling will be spending Ramadan in Kuwait, they will a plenty of spare time in this particular month

if they are with their families,then they can spend some time with their family,which usually is at work.also during evenings almost every thing is open till midnight.

they can go shopping as there are many sales promotion these days.

Agree...but this a one side of. I just wanted to know what impact it may have on their daily life..does it make a mojor difference postively!

referred to the topic, Ramadan.,. is there a possibility I can come there before ramadan ends,. ? cos I already signed my job offer,. is it possible they give my visa before ramadan so I can be there before ramadan ends? (working visa)

Hi Agnes, life doesnt stop in Ramadan, work continues as usual and yes you can get your visa

Inalsa

Life is not as usual in Ramadan. Work hours change (10am-2pm or 9am-3pm).  No eating or drinking in public. Food places close during the day. I respect those guys that fast in NY more now. Night time is even more chaotic with rushes to nowhere. Nothing happened to our visa process during the month of Ramadan last year when we arrived. Two weeks after Eid holidays then some activity took place. So do not expect much during Ramadan where government services are concerned.

Many employees avoid work, avoid doing things at work and generally do even less. Many example at my place where guys refuse to visit the field or do anything outdoors. Summer is not to blame. 

Essentially life moves from limited/boring to restricted/very boring.  Extra stress and more loneliness for some. The World Cup does lend some relief. Overall its gerneally negative for those that stay (based on people I spoke too). The good is that they can get the time off later on in the year as required.

For me its, extra time in the gym, more cooking, and trying new things like watching movies or reruns of TV Series (Game of Thrones Seasones 1-3, Spartacus Seasons 1-3, etc.).

TriniMario being brutally truthful as always.  :top:

The timing of Ramadan when it comes in the middle of Summer and the harsh weather conditions play a major role on the productivity issue, even if it is not Ramadan..outdoor visits are absolutely unbearable. Look at the number of cars broken down in streets due to the heat problem..so imagine how a human may take this!

i went for a run last night; regretted the decision. albeit it was night-time, the hot air was a killer and i found myself parched more than usual.

all in all, i dont think that the "no food in public" rule really bothers expats, honestly i think it is excessive to fine people for it, just coz im fasting doesnt mean i will go into a frenzy if i see someone eating. it has nothing to do with respect and more to do with self control, which is what ramadan is meant to teach people.

but u are still welcome ot eat at home, and the softer working hours are a no-brainer advantage.u just need to find the activity thru which to channel all the extra free time ramadan offers :) and the time of course.

inalsa wrote:

The timing of Ramadan when it comes in the middle of Summer and the harsh weather conditions play a major role on the productivity issue, even if it is not Ramadan..outdoor visits are absolutely unbearable. Look at the number of cars broken down in streets due to the heat problem..so imagine how a human may take this!

Well, my car is overheating if I turn AC on, so I just don't turn it on. Yes, I am driving around without AC. One of these days Discovery channel is going to contact me and make an episode of "Superhumans" featuring yours truly.

It can be done. :)

My friend, I advise not to cruise in the middle of noon time,. its toxic LOL

Ribosom wrote:

Yes, I am driving around without AC

Yes it can be done ... very simple: Car - AC = Oven + Wheels :P

Hahahahaa I literally laughed out loud when I read that justfedup!

Ribosom you're lucky it's just your car my AC at HOME wasn't working properly and I seriously thought I was going to melt! Didn't help it took half a dozen companies and DAYS to fix. THE STRUGGLE!

Tine, you were literally tortured in the past few days. Definitely you go to heaven lol

It happened to me once, I had to stay at a hotel eventually