TV channels

Hi, which tv channel operator has all english movie channels...i have surfed through astro but they don't have most channels like Star movies,star action, WB, Movies now, zstudio etc...  there are also other interesting channels missings :(
are there only two movie channels in KL (fox & hbo)...
i have read unifi & IPTV are also providers....which one is better in bangsar?

Also please suggest good broadband operator too...

Thanks

There is flicks plus from TM. These days people get one package from Astro or TM. There is also TIME for internet but only some condos.

Astro is probably better than TM but the local TV is based on TM and Astro and not very international.

HyppTV which come together with Unifi broadband package has some good international channels and also more British channels such as BBC Knowledge, BBC Entertainment etc. The channels are different from what Astro offers. Personally, I enjoy the channels in HyppTv more and find them more interesting. WIth a Unifi package, you get some free TV channels also (you need to add on channels for additional fees), free telephone line and broadband services.

If you would like variety of channels and can afford it, you may want to sign up for both Astro and HyppTv. If you are planning to choose just one service provider, I suggest you check out both Astro and HyppTV's channels and see which one appeals to you most.

If you need access to sports channels, don't chose TM (Hypp TV) as their offering is extremely poor indeed, and they don't show the main sports and hardly any EPL matches.

Hypp TV is controlled by ASTRO, who only let them have certain programmes, so you might as well get ASTRO.

In fact, TM is not showing any of the World Cup whatsoever!!! (I can unfortunately seeing them lose a lot of contracts when they expire, which is a pity). 

With Hypp you can buy extra packages apart from the standard ones. They cost between RM15 and RM50 per month. You can also sign up for individual channels and not packages, as well as Film Night movies, once a week (RM7 at the moment, usually RM10). They have a range of offerings, which concentrate more on specific topics and areas of interest, e.g. Korean soaps or BBC channels.

The other problem with Hypp is that a lot of the material is repeated again and again e.g. Travel channel (free) so you get absolutely sick and tired of watching the same short "interest" sequences. 

Hopefully TM / Hypp TV will eventually get their offerings right.

Thanks guys...great help...
have to now check if unifi is available for my condo....

To get the best of both the worlds i.e. Astro and HyPP TV, you can consider getting cable TV (Super Pack 4)from Astro and broadband internet from Unifi which comes with HyPP TV. Astro also offers a cable TV/broadband internet combo with Maxis but then HyPP TV is not available. For me HyPP TV has a distinctly better bouquet of english channels (with catch up replay options on some channels to watch programs which get missed due to inconvenient time of broadcast) than Astro but then not as many sports and free movies channels that Astro provides.