Which Malaysian mobile phone provider?

Which mobile phone provider should I go with? I'm looking for the cheapest and the best service provider.

I don't know the best or cheapest. I just use MAXIS.

Maxis : Service is GOOD, but expensive
DIGI : Not BAD service, cheap
U-Mobile[which i use now] : have many good monthly plans for pre paid with internet, and compare to all other its very cheap. so far i didnt face any issue with U-Mobile in KL. i heard not good in remote areas, not sure though

Depends on how you are going to use your phone. Wi-Fi is available extensively. Hotlink is very easy but check how long a credit top-up is valid these days.

http://new.hotlink.com.my/en/whats-new.html

i advice you to chose U-mobile

I use both Hot-link & TuneTalk. I like both but i would suggest TuneTalk. Also Hot-Link is getting worse than Digi day by day.

i am using celcom Friendz ( I did not even asked what they have in the package = pelan is totally new word for me).
i pay 30 RM for 800 mb datas with several special offer xxxxx... i do not know, but it only last for a week.. the rest of the day they deduct me 6 RM for small to medium activity...
why internet can be so expensive here?

please suggest me also what best provider for iphone, i need more to internet than call or sms... i need at least 3 gb a month.

anyone please...
Dear angeljai, hope it will gives you more options too

thanks

try u-mobile.. 28RM Month 50 free calls, 25 free sms + 1GB internet

Thanks jamie,

will concider, sure they have more capacity for more price right?

what normally i do is
i recharge for 30RM, i get 60 days validity,
then i activate plan for 28RM:

rinz wrote:

i am using celcom Friendz ( I did not even asked what they have in the package = pelan is totally new word for me).
i pay 30 RM for 800 mb datas with several special offer xxxxx... i do not know, but it only last for a week.. the rest of the day they deduct me 6 RM for small to medium activity...
why internet can be so expensive here?

please suggest me also what best provider for iphone, i need more to internet than call or sms... i need at least 3 gb a month.

anyone please...
Dear angeljai, hope it will gives you more options too

thanks

Maxis provides 5 GB for RM 75

store.maxis.com.my/maxis/personal/rate-plans/postpaid/surfmore75/p/4SM

Depend whether u have smartphonr or want mobile internet

Dobt buy until u reply.i made lots of mistake.

It also depends where you are located at

Not all network service providers have good coverage in rural areas

not all providers have good coverage even in urban areas. I live less than 1 km from Maxis headquarter in KLCC which is the heart of KL downtown and I am unable to get satisfactory voice, SMS or 3G service through Maxis. Have tried to get Maxis to resolve the problem over the last one year but they have expressed their inability to do anything. now seriously considering switching to a different provider.

True that!  :)

I suggest you to go with DiGi network

i suggest you go for DIGI or Umobile....celcom coverage is good but very expensive

I've tried all provider....

The best one + the most satisfy one + the most value for price + no problem of connection ----
RM28 for 30days \ 30 SMS \ 50 voice mins \ 1GB internet

Even you don't buy the plan \ or set.....RM30 top-up validity 2 months long....
Plus, 3 months period time if not top up.....when you travel aboard \ out of KL.

You can check their sales counter for full info.

//Mrs Yoan

zen88 wrote:

I've tried all provider....

The best one + the most satisfy one + the most value for price + no problem of connection ----
RM28 for 30days \ 30 SMS \ 50 voice mins \ 1GB internet

Even you don't buy the plan \ or set.....RM30 top-up validity 2 months long....
Plus, 3 months period time if not top up.....when you travel aboard \ out of KL.

You can check their sales counter for full info.

//Mrs Yoan

Thanks zen88. Can u also kindly share the details of the service provider?

This might be U mobile. Am hearing lot of good things about this.

Well, the major telco players in Malaysia are DiGi (Which I'm a loyal customer), Maxis and Celcom.

Other telcos entered the scene later i.e. U Mobile, Tune Talk etc.

I tried them all. They all suck!

I have a duel sim phone as often one is bad reception for internet

Also postpaid they all ask silly deposits from expats. I have no idea why when I have a local credit card and they could bill me on that

depends on what youre gonna use on, and as mentioned earlier on. Coverage is prolly dependent on where youre staying, certain place for certain provider are better. Like in Subang area, Celcom provides LTE