Tips & info about apartments around Mahboula

Friends,

I recently shifted to Kuwait (3 weeks back). I am staying at Mahboula in a Service apartment provided by the company for first 3 months.

Can anyone suggest a decent Apartment complex (Fully furnished) with 2 BHK apartments in and around Mahboula (in the range of Fintas, Abu Halifa, Mangaf, Fahahheel)? Close proximity to shopping areas would be an advantage.

I work in Egaila and hence the choice for these areas. Also any tips on the best way to search Apartments in Kuwait would be of great use.

Thanks.
AH

Hello AH73,

Check this thread that, it may be helpful:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=349602

I am in same shoes as you are, and I will have a couple of contacts I can share for interested parties.

Hi ah73
Please call this number he will help you.
(Moderated: Please avoid leaving your phone number on the forum)

Liked your idea of sharing the info we come across..

Thnx Ribosom

Thnx PacoPepe. I will check out.

http://kuwait.q8residence.com/default.aspx

There are a lot of buildings in those areas, be careful of the haris mafia, the haris/keepers of the buildings demand payments in order to give you info on renting.

www.justlanded.comwww.q8property.comwww.horizonq8.comwww.myq8home.comwww.mondinion.comwww.listaproperty.com

as I am in the same shoes everyone else is in now in terms of finding apartments, heres something I came across (PS I did the English translation :P)

for rent in mahboula, two bedroom, two bathroom, hall and kitchen
للايجار شقق فى المهبولة : غرفتين وحمامين وصاله ومطبخ...
also available, swimming pool, internet, hotel lobby entrance
يوجد بالعقار : حمام سباحه و انترنت ودخله فندقية للعقار ...
monthly rent: 260KD inclusive of water and electricity
الايجار الشهرى:260 شامل ماية كهرباء انترنت حمام سباحة ...
EXPATS ONLY
*ملحوظه : الشقق وافديبن فقط ...
thank you, please call the following number or send whatsapp messages.
* اذا لم استطيع الرد عليكم نرجو منكم ارسال رساله باسمكم وطلبكم عبر برنامج (whatsapp) وشكرا ...
*our motto is honesty, safe keeping and loyalty*
* شعارنا هو الصدق الامانة الاخلاص *
for inquiries
للاستفسار : 99182983..

so if anyone in the area can go and have a look, I would really love if you can show me the size of the rooms :)

im only considering mahboula as a last resort; coz the rents in hawally, jabriya, salmiya are RIDICULOUS and the sizes are... miniscule.

For anyone who is able to wait a bit on finding a place to live, I suggest hibernating for a couple of months since many expats are considering sending their families back home. The situation has become unbearable for many folks.

Wats yr budget?

Legacy,I would recommend you to call now,and take some time out to check the place,you will get satisfied with the size,location,condition of the building,neighbour hood,groceries convenience of daily shopping.etc.

you should consider south as they will give peace to your mind, as in hawalli and salmiya,most of the time you will hear is traffic honking,some yelling,traffic noise etc.

Even Mahboula is getting more expensive especially now that they will be building some sort of mall complex in front of Applebee's. They've finally torn down the old apartment buildings and once the 'mall' is in place the rent will increase. My sister lives across from the building location and this month the owner increased the rent from 250 KD to 300 KD and the apartment is super tiny but all of the new buildings charge 300 KD so the old owners will of course increase as well. There is NO rent control in this so it will only get worse before it gets better.

it is still better than salmiya and hawalli,i met this sweet American lady who was leaving the country,she paid 500KD for unfurnished flat,with 1 Bed & a living room.i felt bad as she could have got better place.

It WAS better 10 years ago but it's slowly becoming another Salmiya, crowded, traffic and no parking. Soon the prices will be the same as Salmiya.

Oh dear,whe should probably start pitching tents in the vast desert.

yes, but u;ll find "no tents" signs all over the desert.

what i fail to understand is, despite the "crackdown" on expats and the spike in deportations, whats with the building boom going on all over Kuwait? who will occupy these minuscule apartments with exorbitant prices?

well the real estate here is limited,and the demand is higher than the development that is taking place.and so they dont have to worry about a flat staying vacant as many tenants are in search.

also the new buildings are made tall to accommodate more flat number,but they are made small to reduce the capital expenditure as more material will be needed for wider and spacious flats.so they shrink the size down.

i think once they get awareness of contracts,every body will try to contract as they want to repay loans taken to build these buildings.

@legacy maybe Kuwait is anticipating employment from Mars since those little-green-big-eyed creatures will find these apartment reasonable :P

but even they wouldnt prefer living in pigeon coops.

Soon the Americans will leave and I predict empty apartments and no one willing to pay 750 KD for a crappy furnished apartment. The money was made, now it's time to help the permanent people who suffer.