Sadara interview.

Anyone had an interview with Sadara lately ?

The offer will depend on a lot of things but primarily your current pay. Also make sure you understand the offer as it will probably include allowances that you may not get when you are there like travel allowance and housing allowance that are only paid if they don't give you a bus to work and accomodation. Make sure as well you ask about bonuses as they make a big difference.

My experience is they won't move much on the offers by the way but it should be a decent offer and from what I am hearing they do look after you when you get there.

Thanks for that stu.

Hello has anyone had an interview for sadara , I have one coming up .

Maildar, have one coming up on in a couple of weeks in Newcastle, expecting an information pack on Mon or Tues next week. I am down for the presentation Friday 25th with interview straight after,
how about you ?

Haven't heard when yet just wondered if you heard what sort of questions they throw at you

expect technical questions, your knowledge about your job and the position that you are applying for.. make a research about the company itself, their products, their affiliates and stuff.. good luck to all of you :)

No idea to be honest, maybe someone who has been through the interview may be able to comment, I understand  it is a case of presenting yourself and what you have to offer Sadara,

Good Luck.

Thanks for your response acid base, in the process of doing just that........

Ye that's what I heard , non technical just bout where you hav worked and what you've done if I here out I be in touch hope it goes ok with yours and your successful , any tips you can give me after yours would be helpfull cheers .

My interview was basically a chat about my CV, basically take them through what you have done and your experience, training etc. Most informal interview I have ever been involved with.

No problem Maildar,  will do ....

And did you get taken on

Teaboy wrote:

Anyone had an interview with Sadara lately ?

Obviously related questions to your field, job and job description related questions, They will never ask about your first Love, or your 1st ........ ..........................................    :/
But i recommend for research, Job offer or contract is on later stage. But please before you sign the contract take advice from the members, A professional Advice  :top: 
GOOD LUCK.

If you are referring to me Maildar yes I fly out on the 23rd May.

With regard offers I went to the interview with a figure worked out of what I would accept. Just make sure you realise what is included in the package eg. transport and housing allowances that you probably wont get once you are in their compound and getting bussed into work.

Stu which plant are you going to  ?

Have you had any training, if so where did you go for that  ?

I am going on the Iso Cyanate plants as a maintenance trainer. No on the job training for me straight out to the plants when I get there.

Ok Stu, my interview I believe is for the Isocyanate plant as well, being doing a bit of research
on the DNT, TDA and TDI process in preparation so hopefully I will be prepared..
Thanks for the reply and good luck on your journey,
you never know our next conversation could be sooner than you think .....

I know a few console opertators on those plants,  one is in Germany training at the moment. There are some outside operators that are not going otj training.

Not sure about the training yet, only been mentioned by Fircroft as a possibility, I am from a pharmaceutical background, done some hydrogenation and phosgenation before so I guess
it is all down to me on the day to come across the best I can,  we shall see .....

Why arnt the outside ops going on training

Think the job is petrochemical the way I gather

Its a petro chemical site so would assume so ;-) Seriously though a site this big has the need for a lot of different talents.

Outside ops  dont need specific on plant training as they will learn where things are on the actual plants they will be working on.

Anyone any idea what a good offer for outside op jobs would be coming from uk

Hi stu been hearing various stories about joining sadara , that no leave allowed until after 9 months could you clarify please thanks Daryl.

Hi acidnbase is it true that no leave time allowed till you have done 9 months

Plenty of people have had leave long time before nine months, some even less than three months.

Thanks stu,

Good luck on Friday

How did you know what plant your interview was for

You don't they interview you then decide what job and what plant to offer you a job on.

Ok cheers

Out of context! But SADARA seems to be the thing of the moment in Saudi Arabia these days. Especially, the eastern region.

If the " good luck "  was for me maildar then thanks .... 

I asked fircroft which plant they were interviewing for on Friday and the isocyanate plant was mentioned but also the fact that it could be anywhere depending on how they see your skills fitting in, so it is as stu says .......

:offtopic:

Ye hope it goes well Friday keep in touch teaboy

Will do maildar, possibly got a big decision coming up, been working at my current employment 20 years so going to be hard to leave, but fortune favours the brave as they say .....

You better belive it , what neck of the woods are you from

Lincolnshire, what about you ?
Any news on the interview yet ?

Grimsby....