Bangkok tennis academy for my kids

Hello everybody!

I'm looking for a tennis academy in Bangkok for my 2 (wonderful) daughters. We live close to the Silom/Sukhumvit area and so it d be great if I could let them do their tennis thing closeby. I'm looking for a sports or tennis club where they learn how to play AND where they can make some friends. So private lessons are not necessary (although I should take some :))

Anyone any suggestions please?
Thank you!

Anne

Hey Anne,

I m new on this forum, but not in Bangkok:). And I m always happy to help other moms, so here it goes!:

Most of the Thai clubs are public places with a bad surface very fast and slippery. I don't want my kids to play on those!

I don't know all the "foreign" tennis clubs/courts in Bangkok, but the ones I know are the following:

British club: Very nice surface and nice facilities, but too expensive!
Royal club, well, that s very expensive as well and it s hard to get in (you need someone to "sponsor" you)
Racket club: They have nice facilities but no good coaches  (that s what I heard) and no tennis camps, ...

le smashclub: That s where my kids go to. The courts are very nice, they have got a tennis school wth some good international coaches, they organize a lot of tournaments AND they have got a summer camp for the kids (I like that one :)), and my kids are very happy to go there, and that s what it is all about, right?

Maybe I ll see you there one day!

Claudia

I m a member at Le Smash Club (by car 5min from the Asoke BTS without traffic), and quite like it there!

The courts are great, dressing rooms are very nice, lovely staff... You won'thear me complaining!
I have takem some coaching lessons there, and I m very fond of their coaches. So if their coaches are as good with your kids as they are with me, they ll have a great time over there!

Anyway, off course there are many other tennis clubs in Bangkok. But comparing to what other people tell me and to what I have seen (and felt in my wallet), le Smash Club is very good. I paid 9500Baht for the yearly membership, but I believe they have some special prices for families..

Kind regards

Thank you for replying. I don't want my children to play on some bad surface neither :-)! You don't happen to know if they have some tennis camps at the smash club this summer?

Since I started talking to my daughters about finding them a nice place to play tennis, they keep asking me about tennis camps!
Help, please!! :)

Dear anne01,

Every school holiday we at Le Smash Club organize tennis camps for children. The next tennis camp takes place from Monday the 28th of July until Friday the 16th of July 2010, 5 days a week (from Monday till Friday.)

In the morning we ve got 3 hours of tennis and physical training, and after the lunch break  we continue the activities with 90 more minutes of tennis and 1 hour of recreational activities and games (although we absolutely focus on tennis, we noticed that the kids like to do something else as well once and a while, like ultimate frisbee, soccer, touch rugby, ...)

The last day of the camp we ll have a tournament with prizes for all! There will be a free buffet and drinks for the children and their parents after the prize ceremony.

All of this only costs 7500BAht with everything included. For a half day you pay 5500Baht.

I hope this answers your question. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me on koen(ad)lesmashclub(dot)com

Cheers,

Le Smash Club

Hey Anne,

At Le Smash Club we ve got a new kid tennis camp coming up, from Monday the 11th until Friday the 22nd of October 2010.

A typical training day looks like this:
Morning:
1h Physical work outs
2H Tennis drills
Lunch at the club
Afternoon:
1h30 Tennis
30' fun activities.

If you (or your kids obviously) are interested, send us an email at INFO(ad)LESMASHCLUB.COM

Kind regards,

LeSmashClub

My name is Mookda. 
(moderated: off topic)

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]