Police conduct certificate from uk

Has anyone been asked for a police conduct certificate from the UK prior to working? If so how do you go about obtaining one from Malta? the only certificate I am aware of is for use when applying to emigrate.

My wife was asked by her employer to produce one. Apparently you can get one from the police head office in Valletta or it might be Floriana. I think she paid something around 2.50€ and it took her 1 minute to get it. They didn't check anything at all.

Yes I aware of this but my wife has been asked for a police conduct from the UK. She received one from the police headquarters in floriana and presented them with that but they have also asked for one from Britain .

Sorry i should have been more clear with my question thanks for the quick reply though!

it may be requested for some particular relevant job positions like finance and say security etc

See this: http://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx and this: https://www.gov.uk/copy-of-police-records

I just got one for myself (will be working for Besedo, their standard procedure). All you have to do is to fill the form as per redmik's post, send it along with your signed photo, utility bill, copy of passport (not sure what else) and you'll get the certificate in about a week's time.
Straight forward albeit costly :-)

Cheers thank you! funnily enough defectus she will be working in the besedo building.

It sounds like they are referring to a CRB check. THis is used when applying for jobs with vulnerable people such as nurses, carers etc.

chinooks wrote:

It sounds like they are referring to a CRB check. THis is used when applying for jobs with vulnerable people such as nurses, carers etc.

UK only.
The Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) and the Independent Safeguarding Authority (ISA) have merged to become the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). CRB checks are now called DBS checks.

I used to have enhanced CRB due to my previous work.

yes I have and i don't know how to bring it without going to UK

trentmitchell339 wrote:

yes I have and i don't know how to bring it without going to UK

Welcome to the Forum.
You are asking a question in a thread from 2014, it would be advisable to start a new one.
Good luck.