Time travelling

Hi all,

I am moving t o 6th october city, working in zamelek.....what are the times of travelling to work everyday?between these 2 places?

Thanks for your help

I

hi..ithink..its about 2 hours

What's the distance? I have not been offered the job I applied for yet, but I'm interested to know the distance for this two hour commute? Why not move closer?

I have 3 kids and a dog....fresh air is the number 1 reason....but 2 hours is this one way? its only about 35km on the map??

worried

I'm going to be VERY honest with you, just like Dr. Phil.

Living out side of the city is better to avoid the pollution.
Getting to work may not be too bad early in the morning , because taffic will probably be flowing outwards towards smart village and IBM. Going home could be a bit of a nightmare though.

The distance is about right, I'd say if you leave your house by 6:30am at the latest you should be at work a little early.
If you leave any later you could get screwed.

Going home, if you leave work between the hours of 3-5, it could take you longer than 2 hours depending on the traffic in the city and on the Mehwar road. THURSDAYS are like Friday nights in North America and Europe!

yes this is the right answer, if you start your work at 7 Oclock and finish at 3 Oclock it will be the best time and it will be more comfort for you, i Live in Haram and work in 6 October my work start at 7 and i take 30 minutes to reach there and i finish my work at 3:30 and i take one and half hour to come back to home.
the best thing try to live also in 6 October city, it is clean empty no traffic or in Zayed town there are many good places there.

IrishAlexandrian wrote:

I'm going to be VERY honest with you, just like Dr. Phil.

Living out side of the city is better to avoid the pollution.
Getting to work may not be too bad early in the morning , because taffic will probably be flowing outwards towards smart village and IBM. Going home could be a bit of a nightmare though.

The distance is about right, I'd say if you leave your house by 6:30am at the latest you should be at work a little early.
If you leave any later you could get screwed.

Going home, if you leave work between the hours of 3-5, it could take you longer than 2 hours depending on the traffic in the city and on the Mehwar road. THURSDAYS are like Friday nights in North America and Europe!

mmm

The parking in Zamalek alone is going to drive you nuts if your company doesn't have parking space  :P

It all depends on luck but you're bound to get some intensive driving hours so I'd recommend  you bring along
1- Alot of good songs for the road
2- Sufficient amount of water :D

Enjoy the drive ;)