Happy to be here (in CR and at Expat Blog)

Hola Compadres!

Expat.com was kind enough to recently list our little blog on their list and I thought I'd stop by and introduce ourselves.

Our blog is A Dull Roar at http://adullroar.blogspot.com

I've been blogging for a little over 2 years now about our family's move from the U.S. (Oregon) to La Zona Sur near San Isidro de El General (aka Pérez Zeledón). Originally it began as a way to keep in touch with all the folks back "home" and as a sort of self-referential log we can all look back on to see how we've progressed.

We are three (humans) - Casey (me), my wife Tamara, and our son, Sean. There are two dogs now, one we brought down and a tica pup we recently acquired. I'm retired from about 20 years in hi-tech and now enjoying re-visiting my earlier career in home building. My wife is an architect and watercolor artist who has found a new medium in mosaics (our house is covered with them!). Sean's in 5th grade and doing rather well at it.

Come by and visit the blog and feel free to give us a shout!

Pura vida,

C, T, S

I HAVE LIVE IN COSTA RICA ON A TURIST VISA. I HEARD YOU CAN GO TO IMIGRATION AND GET A 90 DAY VISA EXTENSION FOR $100 WITH PROOF OF INCOME IN COSTA RICA. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY DETAILS AND ARE THEY SET UP TO DO THIS