Need Urgent Attention

I am new here - I have been reading all the topics about similar cases like ours, and I am not too optimistic about it.i am Hungarian  EEU Citizen  married to Indian citizen who comes under third country citizen law of Sehgen visa we have our marriage registered in Hungary.we applied visa fro my husband to come and live in Hungary but we don't know yet why his visa was refused .The  document which were advices from the consulate adviser  we submitted accordingly. Now they came up with some reason stating some law what we have to follow. I called them back to know what did we lack and what comes under this law they said no idea .there we go with the law and bureaucracy.. thanks for the info i said ..now we are stuck as they told use file visa again but somebody tells how ..what did we lack we got everything from transportation, invitation ,back statement ,tax paper,marriage registration Certi- Hungarian.please tell us what documents are needed.i am sponsoring his trip and my family is waiting for him to come ...please help us we don't know which way to go..shall i go back to India and apply his visa ?

Any suggestion would help thanks in advance

HI there can you tell me the status now ?? were you able to get your Indian Fiancee to Hungary ??
I am planning to get married to a hungarian girl too in september .. can you please tell me what are the documents it is required and what are the procedure ... You can write to me directly at [email protected]

Welcome on Expat-blog manos-bonitas!

I hope other members will be able to advise you.

Wish you good luck.

Hello manos-bonitas,

Yes, We got the visa and we are presently living in Hungary.
For you my advice is "never giveup".Though for us strugle for visa was not easy we went through with lot of huddles. Just for the records, we are the first couple who got married in india and got the visa.

Just wanted to let you there is nothing called dependent visa ,that can be issued to you from the Hungarian embassy.

First you have to apply for the C type visa in intention to come and live in hungary that will be 90 day C type multiple entry visa.Within visa period you can apply for resident card from Hungary, that card is valid  for 5 years. with that card you can apply for tax and other essential cards.

If you are geting married in india then first get married and obtain the certificate  appostile it. Further i suggest  tell your wife to get it registred in hungary as well. that will take another 30 days depending on the flow of work.

If money constrain is an issue then i better suggest you ask some of educational visa consultant to know how did they manage to show the bank details .. i guess they charge some intrest on the sum of amount ...but am not sure ..they also provide some short term courses like one of 3 months and so on and by that you can come to hungary and get married that would be very easy and hassle free becos in my openion better to get married in the place where you wanna live .

Docs check list is as following :- After Getting Married.

DOCUMENTS – TO BE PREPARED BY YOU

Original – Current Passport
2 x Notarised Copy – Current Passport (First and Last 2 Pages of the Passport)
Original – Expired Passport(s) (If any)
2 x Notarised Copy – Expired Passport(s) (If any, First and Last 2 Pages)
2 x Notarised Copy – Valid Visas in Current and/or Expired Passports (If any)
2 x Notarised Copy – Expired Visas in Current and/or Expired Passports (If any)
Marriage Pictures
Apostilled Original  – Indian Marriage Certificate
Apostilled Original + Notarised – Indian Police Certificate
Marriage Reistration Certificate issued From Hungary
Notarised -Education Certificates
Notarised – Bank Certificate
Original + Notarised – Health Certificate

Notarised Copy – Three or more Monthly Bank Account Statements
Original – Hungarian Health Insurance (for 12 months, not 3 months)

DOCUMENTS – TO BE PROVIDED BY YOUR WIFE

Notarised Copy – Current Passport (First and Last 2 Pages of the Passport)
Notarised Copy – Expired Passport(s) (If any, First and Last 2 Pages)
Notarised Copy – Valid Visas in Current and/or Expired Passports (If any)
Notarised Copy – Birth Certificate (optional)
Notarised Copy – Hungarian Marriage Certificate
Notarised Copy – Driving Licence, Residence Card or other Identification(s)
Original – Hungarian Police Certificate (optional)
Original + Notarised Copy – Bank Certificate
Original + Notarised Copy – Health Certificate(optional)

This can be taken care by the parents of the girl in her regards.
Along with the details of the parents livelyhood and Ids

Original + Copy – Three or more Monthly Bank Account Statements
Notarised Copy – Employment Contract, Pay Slips and Tax Statements
Original + Notarised Copy – Accommodation Proof Self-Affidavit
Original + Notarised Copy – Property Ownership Record

Hi,

I can very well imagine what you may have gone through and applaude you for it. My fiance and me have beeen trying to figure out what formalities and documentations are required and haven't gone very far from where we started 3 months ago. Was wondering if you or anyone here could give us some advice.

My fiance is Hungarian and I am an Indian girl and we both met in the UK about 2 and half years ago. We have been living in the UK will be continuing to do so after marriage as well. The marriage is to take place in Budapest this autumn.

The formalities involved however have made us very confused with different information being given from different sources.
I think what we need are the following documents for me:
1. Valid 10-year passports.
2. Birth Certificates with full parents' names and appostilled from the Ministry of External Affairs in New Delhi, since I was born in India.
3. Certificate of No Impediment to marriage
4. Certificate of Single Status
All documents require an apostille and an official Hungarian Translation.

The confusion lies with docs 3. and 4.
While document 4. (marital status) can be be obtained from the Indian Embassy, the question is which Indian Embassy -that in UK or the one in Hungary should it be obtained from.

Likewise with regards to the Cert. of No Impediment some sources say, it can be prepared by a local Notary and then be apostilled by the India Embassy In UK.
While others state that -at the Hungarian Embassy in the country of residence (in our case UK), an initial signed declaration (sworn affidavit) by both the bride and groom to be, in front of the Official, stating there is no impediment to marriage and along with an intention/notice of marriage, is required. After this they would issue a Cert. of No Impediment. (Not sure if it mentions an additional appostile by the Indian Embassy).

Some others sources state it can be provided by the Indian Embassy in Hungary. But this requires the couple to be present/staying in Hungary for a minimum of 21 days before the signed declaration. The document will then be issued 21 days later. Though the benefit of this is that the Cert is provided both in English and Hungarian and so no seperate translation is necessary, there is no chance of us staying in Hungary for that long just for that one doc.

Please can someone clarify these for us.
Many Thanks in advance

P.S. to think we haven't even started on the formalities for my EEA spouse visa (or the complications that can arise because of my name change from maiden to married one)

Azalea26 wrote:

My fiance is Hungarian and I am an Indian girl and we both met in the UK about 2 and half years ago. We have been living in the UK will be continuing to do so after marriage as well. The marriage is to take place in Budapest this autumn. ...

My advice is to get married in the UK. It's a lot less complicated than marrying here. My wife and I got married in the UK for that very reason. Don't forget religious ceremonies here mean nothing legally, only the civil ceremony is recognised. People do the "admin" part and then have another ceremony for the family etc.

Good luck!

Yupp, that's what I was thinking too: do the paperwork wherever it's the simplest, then have a wedding ceremony wherever you like!
I for one do not insist on verifying paperwork before throwing rice :-)

My fiance is Hungarian and im an Indian guy, plannin to get married around Jan/Feb 2012. We plan on doing the ceromony in both our respected countries ... However, We intend to move to UK, once we're married

Q) Am i (indian citizen) permitted to travel along with my to-be wife (EU Citizen) to UK and stay/work full time, once we're married

sos!!

In my opinion you'll need a visa... By marrying a Hungarian citizen you will no doubt receive a Szchenan Visa permitting you to live and work in all Szchenan countries, UK did not join the initiative so you will probably need a permit. My suggestion woudl be to call the UK Imigration and ask.

Thanks for the advice bro. really appreciate..
yes i do possess a multiple entry 3 yrs Schengen Visa, however, my question is, do i get entitled to enter UK as my Wife's Co Dependent since she belongs to EU and can freely stay/work in UK

tjvaz wrote:

Thanks for the advice bro. really appreciate..
yes i do possess a multiple entry 3 yrs Schengen Visa, however, my question is, do i get entitled to enter UK as my Wife's Co Dependent since she belongs to EU and can freely stay/work in UK

If you get married, then under the EU treaties, more or less, your wife is considered to be equal to a British citizen. I'm not 100% sure but probably all you really need administratively is to pass the language exam (easy) plus filling in the appropriate forms. And of course, bucket loads of patience.

[email protected] wrote:

In my opinion you'll need a visa... By marrying a Hungarian citizen you will no doubt receive a Szchenan Visa permitting you to live and work in all Szchenan countries, UK did not join the initiative so you will probably need a permit. My suggestion woudl be to call the UK Imigration and ask.

2 years too late, but UK is an EU country and all EU countries are indefinetly part of the Schengen Visa, no matter if they agreed or not.

Hi Rohin,

You need to apply for EU Family permit for UK. But you must go there with your wife or intending to meet your wife on your arrival to UK.

Also, your wife (EU citizen) must have be working in UK legally OR studying in UK OR should be able to show sufficient funds. One of these conditions is a must, then you can go to UK without a problem.

masterboy123 wrote:

Hi Rohin,

You need to apply for EU Family permit for UK. But you must go there with your wife or intending to meet your wife on your arrival to UK.

Also, your wife (EU citizen) must have be working in UK legally OR studying in UK OR should be able to show sufficient funds. One of these conditions is a must, then you can go to UK without a problem.

In my view, i think you fail to read something ........i Started this post long long time ago since then string of problem and solutions were posted by the other members in the thread...

I don't need permit nor visa.

I think The post you are referring to was not posted by me perhaps by some other member and i think it has been deleted.

Hello Rohin how are you? Can you give me a your email address please I want to ask you something. Bye have a good life

Hello Zach Singh,

Welcome on board  :)

Rohin has not connected to the website since the last 3 years. If you have any query, it would better if you create your own topic on the Hungary forum.

All the best,
Bhavna

Hello Bhavna I want to ask you something about marriage proses in India . I am still living in Germany with my girlfriend . Actually my girlfriend belong to Hungary . We want to marry but we are getting some problems in Germany now so we are thinking should we go to India and marry there. Please can you give me some advices it's will be good for me marry there with my girlfriend and how I can get a visa there soon ? Please help me about it. I will wait your reply.

Hi Zack singh >  Bhavna is from the Expat.com team, please read carefully her message. Thank you

Ok but I don't have a much time please give me a some advicesongs.  I am waiting.

Zack singh wrote:

Ok but I don't have a much time please give me a some advicesongs.  I am waiting.

The advise is, basically, to create a new topic. Not just to reply to this topic.

That is, follow the link provided:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=316

Then click on the "Post new topic" button (it is an Orange rectangle at the top).

Hope this helps.

Well we are in the process.
Got married in India with my better half ;)

The process is obviously not very streamlined but at least we are moving forward.
Best wishes.

Pankaj/Zsani