Do you know a good bar in Beijing for Expats?

Hi,

I am desperately looking for a good bar where I can meet some speaking English or French people, so I you know some good addresses, please do not hesitate to drop a quick message.

Thank you in advance

Stephane

Hi,

Yes looking for the same for my holiday. Hope people post up some good ones.

There are a lot of bars at Bei Hai Park....l was told a lot of westerners visit this area.

I was yesterday evening in Hou Hai, which seems to be also the Bei Hai Park area. I walked a bit and I found a nice bar called "Lotus Blue". The place is fine with a real good black band. But actually no foreigner or people speaking English over there. So I definitely not found the right place!!!

So let see if we will have some good info from forum.

Stéphane

Dave & Stephane,

Please let me know if you finally found a good place to hang out and meet English speaking people. 

I arrived in Beijing 6 days ago and will be here for at least 90 days.  Would love to have English speaking friends while I am here.

I will ask around too and will let you both know.

Regards,

Hanna

Dave, Stephane and Hanna,

Sign me up too! :) Like you, Hanna, I arrived 6 days ago as well and just getting settled.

Best Regards,
Jens

Ha ha....maybe we could all meet up one day when l get there...and maybe find a good bar. At least if the four of us are there it will have English speakers lol !

Try bars in the Houjie area of Sanlitun...good luck!

Hi all,

We are Hong Kong and Malaysian ppl from New Zealand and have recently moved to Beijing to open a Japanese Yakitori Bar in the Sanitun area.  Haven't made any friends so far....
Anyways if any of you are interested please come visit us @ Tan Yakitori Bar opposite Gongti Stadium East gate, monday to saturday, we do happy hour (mon to fri only) and besides promotion.... I would really like to meet some fellow expats  ( or any other good bars you may suggest)
:P
Lu

Hi guys,

going to Xiu Bar, that's expats world. I bet you will enjoy there.

Address: Yin Tai Plaza, Opposite from China world Trading Center.

Have fun!!

Dave,

You are right, we can all meet when you arrive and find a good place or bar to hang out.  Four English speakers aka (Stephane, Dave, Jens & Hanna) is a good start.

Jens - Will surely count you in.  Hope you have settled by now.   

Stephane, Dave and Jens - will let you know once I get some recommendations.

Hanna

Please count me in as well!!!

can I join???? would love a get together in one of sanlitun bars

Ok...so a good few people to meet...should be fun.I arrive next Friday but will then travel to Shanghai on the 21st until 26th. So maybe we could all meet before l travel or just after. What do you think...and how do we get in touch as l won't have a pc in China ?

You can find a dozen of good bars in the area called HouHai (后海), a lot of English speakers hang out there, It's a street full of all kinds of bars, google it to get the location.

HouHai (后海) sounds fine I am sure we can find a good bar there:) Have been reading distributed collaboration theory most of the day, could really use a good bender tonight.

I fly out Thursday 9pm so will arrive Friday late. Am I allowed to post up my mobile number so that people may contact me ?

Hey!
Count me in as well! would love to meet some english speaking people to hang out with!
xx hannah

The place named Solana in Beijing is really good,there are a bar street which is jollification every day. :)

I am still stuck in the UK due to 'the cloud'. Can someone leave a contact number for me to call one of you please?

Can I join too? I would love to meet some english speaking people!

Dave, I heard the conditioin is pretty bad over there, hope you get to fly out soon.

cheers!

Hey ! I Wil fly out on 22nd :)

Hi everybody,

Unfortunately I had to leave Beijing and I will not return before certainly June! So I will not join you if you organise something in Sanlitun ;(
But never the less enjoy and see you soon

Stephane

Hi,

I'm in Beijing now not far from Line 10 Huayuandonglu. Did anyone meet up?

we haven't meet up yet, but i'm down for it this weekend!

Hello everyone.. Count me IN

don't drink much anymore but i like the rooftop bar at the Q if you are looking for a nice-laid-back joint
its just south of sanlitun....near chaoyong hospital i think.

This time of year (not too hot hot not too cold) the Solana idea is good.  I would choose one of the ones close to the water and watch.. maybe shui zi.

Apart from which I organise networking events for expats and English speaking Chinse nearly every Tuesday at some of the best hotel bars in town (Hilton level. These events are open to all. They have a modest entry price (includes first drink) Happy Hour then Happy Hour conditions and provide a great way to meet people new and old in Beijing.

Wow, obviously a question of different strokes for different folks... Suzie Wong's is not on my list of good bars

Hey there!

I'm new in beijing as well. Have you catched up yet? Count me in if not or you meet again.

Cheers, Jules

there is a bar in nan luo gu xiang, run by a aussie, i have been there few times , the atmosphere is great, mainly australians hang out there, you can give it a try

Many foreigners go to the bars at San Li Tun or near the Beijing Worker's Stadium such as Cargo, etc. ( the bars are all together there). They also go to Hou Hai (Shi Cha Hai) (hundreds of bars near the lake).

But I don't really like the bars at San Li Tun because the music is too noisy. Hou Hai is OK but too many sales men.

Here is what I found from internet and they said these are where  English speaking people love:

1. Zub

北京市海淀区五道口华清嘉园12号楼地下一层

Level -1, Building 12, Hua Qing Jia Yuan,Wu Dao Kou, Haidian District

Very hot bar. The second shop opened by Lush. Nice music, drinks price is cheaper, small but popular. But it take a bit time to find the place. Hiding in a Hot Pot restaurant and at underground. If you ask direction to people, you have to ask a foreigner.

every Tuesday: Open Decks Night, you can play your favorite music there like DIY. And the drum bass night is also recommended

2.NanJie Bar(shut up ,just drink )

北京市朝阳区工体北路(机电学院内蕉叶餐厅对面)

Gong Ti Bei Lu ( North worker's stadium Rd.)

Good music. International bar.

3 Durty Nellies ( Irish Bar)

北京朝阳区东三环北路乙8号亮马花卉市场首层

Level 1 Liang Ma Flower market, No. 8 B, East third ring north rd. Chaoyang District.

Irish bands often play there.

Hope this helps.

rgds,

Jeff

Hi JeffJeff :)

Could you please write your whole message in English even the few lines where you've written Chinese?

Thanks

@ Sheetul..... a good intention but bad advice in this particular instance.

He only provided the addresses in Chinese. If someone wanted to check his suggestions they would need that info in Chinese to show a taxi driver.