Move to Malta and study broadcasting in valletta

am from nigeria and already processing to move to Malta and study broadcasting in valletta....but am looking for a part time job which i can do that can cover my expenses with tax.....i want to know maybe work is available now?at where? and i will really like you to give me details of how to work

usually restaurants, pubs or construction sites

Hi detola,

welcome to the forum.

As a non-EU citizen you are not allowed to work at all during your first year of study.

From the second year on you can work part-time for up to 10 hours a week but only with a work permit.

You will have to show sufficient funds to live in Malta for 1 year without working and also show payment of the educational fees and health insurance.

Cheers
Ricky

am a student am about to move to valletta university, but i need a part time job that can help me so much in valletta...............i want to ask maybe i can get a job? and i also want to know the cost of living as a student while i will still be working?and all the necessary information about malta?

as a student how much do you think i can hold in a minimum wage to spend for a year???

Hi detola,

the Malta university is not in Valletta. Here is some information about the university and applications for international students:

http://www.um.edu.mt/int-eu/international

According to the ETC regulations TCN's studying in Malta are not allowed to work in their first year.

' Only TCN students holding a residence permit issued under Legal Notice 29 of 2008 are entitled to take up employment, for a maximum period of ten hours each week as long as they are in possession of an Employment Licence. Students are not granted licences to take up self-employment.

TCN students in Malta to study English do not fall under the above legal notice and therefore the Corporation will not accept applications for issue of an Employment Licence.

Applications for employment licences for students are received from the employer seeking to recruit the student.

Applications are not accepted in respect of students who are still in their first year of residence in Malta or who do not have a copy of a student's residence permit issued by the Department of Citizenship and Expatriate Affairs'

This info is taking from the Guidelines of the Employment & Training Corporation (ETC) that issues work permits.

The University gives a figure of 'tuition fees' plus 17.250 € (48 €/day) for the first year at the university.

The applications deadline for the academic year 2013/14 is nearly reached and courses start in September 2013.

You had already asked the same question.

Cheers
Ricky

will 1,200$ be enough  for me as a student to spend in my first year before getting job??

Hi detola,

1200 $ for the first year ? The university asks for 17.000 € plus tuition fees plus a return plane ticket !

You will find it very,very difficult to find a part-time job even after the first year that will allow you to finance your university course.

Are you really looking to study in Malta or just looking for a way to enter Malta to work as you seem to focus on the job and not the study course. You are too late to apply this year so you have time until next summer to save some money.

Cheers
Ricky

am really looking to study in malta......i have much interest in Education

detola wrote:

am really looking to study in malta......i have much interest in Education

Hi Detola

Just interested.........what is the problem with this institution

............and they are taking applications for 2013

if you have much interest in Education?

Mike

i need some information about uni of malta, like tution fee.cost of living and so on

Hasnt Ricky just given you that!!!!!

$1200 will not last you a year for sure - more like not even a month.. as for minimum wages its around 4 euros per hr, you will need to be working at least 40 - 60 hours per week (thats full time not part-time) to survive on basics.

Hi detola,

you can check out the tuition fees for any given course on the University of Malta website yourself.

The 17.250 € the University quotes as costs are the same amount that you are required to show proof of (48 €/day) when you apply for your visa for the first year. The amount has to be shown in hard,convertible currency (ie US dollar,Euro ,GBP or similiar).

You will also have to produce a valid return plane ticket and proof of health insurance coverage.

You will have to do your homework before applying. If you present yourself at the Embassy applying for a study visa the way you are doing it here on the forum you won't have any chance! They will interview you ! If you  mention or even think about the word job or work you will fall through.

So,once again,the answer to your original question of 'maybe I can get a job' is a clear .......NO !
Cheers
Ricky

ricky wrote:

Hi detola,

you can check out the tuition fees for any given course on the University of Malta website yourself.

The 17.250 € the University quotes as costs are the same amount that you are required to show proof of (48 €/day) when you apply for your visa for the first year. The amount has to be shown in hard,convertible currency (ie US dollar,Euro ,GBP or similiar).

You will also have to produce a valid return plane ticket and proof of health insurance coverage.

You will have to do your homework before applying. If you present yourself at the Embassy applying for a study visa the way you are doing it here on the forum you won't have any chance! They will interview you ! If you  mention or even think about the word job or work you will fall through.

So,once again,the answer to your original question of 'may I get a job' is a clear .......NO !
Cheers
Ricky

totally agree - methinks this is more about bypassing the system than getting an education. two words sum this up - NO CHANCE.

Hi detola > just to inform that a new topic has been created from your post on the Malta forum.

toonarmy9752 wrote:
ricky wrote:

Hi detola,

So,once again,the answer to your original question of 'may I get a job' is a clear .......NO !
Cheers
Ricky

totally agree - methinks this is more about bypassing the system than getting an education. two words sum this up - NO CHANCE.

errrrrmm!............those weren't the two words that immediately sprung to my mind toon.

:whistle:

Hi Mike,

what were your two words ? ......... -))))

Do you want us to guess?

Cheers
Ricky

me first!

Age before beauty then.

:lol:

ok i will bow down to my elders.