Audit Job Offer

Hello,

I just got a Job Offer to join one of the Big 4 Audit firms as a Audit Semi Senior. Wanted to check if the remuneration meets industry standard or if I can bargain for more and wanted to also check on accomodation.

1. The remuneration is 500BHD - Base Salary, 200BHD - Accommodation Allowance, 50BHD - Transport Allowance. Is this at par with industry standards at Bahrain for a qualified Chartered Accountant with 2.5 years work experience in Audit?

2. My initial accommodation by my employer is only for 14 days. Is that sufficient time to find myself a suitable long term accommodation? Further, work location is at Govt. Avenue, Manama, will it be possible to find a studio apt for 200 BHD close by? The idea is to save on transportation by walking to my work location.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Hi. Welcome to the forum.

The package appears reasonable for someone of your profile. Nothing like asking for a little more. So give it a try and see. Try to push it closer to BD1,000 if you can.

You can potentially live somewhere close to your place of work in Govt. Ave. Only issue is that part of the city is slightly older - properties there are older. However, if you wish to live close to your place of work then this is indeed a good option. A number of my friends did the same thing. After they settled down and got their driving license they moved to other areas.

In order to find suitable accommodation 14 days should be adequate. It is generally the time employers give for staff at that level.

Hello newguy123 and welome to the forum.

As we always say throughout the forum, try not to accept the first offer from your prospective employer, unless you are really satisfied with it. Bahrain is not necessarily a cheap country but you can live on very cheap if you want to.

14 days for finding an accommodation is enough - but come prepared in terms of the location you would like to live and your budget. Visit www.bahrainpropertyworld.com (a website which lists hundreds of rental properties from different letting agents) and see a few properties there.

Also, definitely ask for your future colleagues and your HR departments' advice. They've all been there and done that. Their advice will be the best of all.

Good luck! Let us know how you get on.

As Farhaz said , you will find many budget options near Govt Avenue in Manama , and a lot of Indians live there , but its really old area  with old and small bldgs , you will find lot of budget Indian restaurants , shops and people around there .

Thank you all for your responses! Feel really nice to have my questions answered.