Topic: Transfer of House working visa to Skilled working Visa

Dear All,

I have an employer in Bahrain and he has a House Working Visa available. His plan is to get me in to Bahrain using the housemaid working visa and then transfer it to Skilled working Visa (Accountant) upon arrival in Bahrain. Seeking your kind assistance on this matter. Is this a complicated issue or could it cause problems? What should I do. Hoping for a positive response. Thank you very much and best regards to everyone!

From Philippines 💓

This sounds dodgy to the point of dangerous.
Take extreme care

Hi Fred, I know that this sounds dangerous to you but I know the guy very well. He's a close friend of my Aunt. The family know him well. He just wanted to have me on Bahrain immediately as he is on high need of Accountant and the only available Visa he has is houseworking visa. Any idea you can share is very much appreciated. Thanks!

As fred mentioned it looks a bit dodgy, usually companies follow this process of getting people on a visit visa and then changing it to employment visa, but i have never heard anyone inviting on a maid visa. I would strongly recommend you do not go for it and ask your potential employer to send a normal visit visa.

T&R

Thanks guys!

As others have said, I have never heard of a housemaid visa being given before conversion. Remember that a maid visa is a personal sponsored visa vs a work visa ie you are locked to an individual vs a company. Its not easy to convert ie can't be transferred but must be cancelled and a new work visa applied for. Incredibly dodgy.