Job in saint lucia

Hai im karthick from india, i applied a job in my local agency... they said ur job in supermarket at saint lucia,any one suggest me,how abt saint lucia its safe for live and work?
then they said three year work permit
2000 east carribiean dollar salary..
ten hour work
anyone know how about situation of  general worker in saint lucia?
plz any one advise me..
thanking you

Hi karthick ,

I hope you get some feedback soon :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

yes its good and may i know which supermarket you have been offered ?

Im a born and raised St. Lucia.  St. Lucia is safe and a wonderful place.  PLEASE be very careful with job agencies.

In st. lucia, many students come here on study permits to a medical collage.  Many of the these agencies representing the schools have given far-fetched promises (regarding the collage and part-time jobs) which has landed many students in far more trouble.

Please private message what exactly this 2000 salary is for.  and what currency this is?

Allow me to clarify some of your concerns.

Geez… this thread looks a competition of who is spelling worst.   :lol: ha, ha,

@karthick
Low jobs (US$350/month) at the supermarket are available because of high staff turnover, and high staff turnover happens mainly because of large supply of labor force: high unemployment.
At the other end, high jobs are taken and well secured by those who took them.   You already missed them.
You have to ask yourself: why would the employer pay for work permit for you plus US$800/month, which is EC$2,000 you claim the agency told you.
At US$350/month you won't be able to even pay for a decent rent far less have the nice life you want to come to …

@sanjay
Yes, I agree with you, the local medical college is in fact a collage.  Ha, ha, ha,,, :D