Any South Africans moved to Spain?

Has it been all you expected?
What were the nice surprises and awful disappointments?

Anne (from Bathurst, SA)

Hi Anne,
Im a South African living in Spain(Madrid).I arrived here with no idea what to expect and without speaking Spanish.It has been a pleasant suprise through and through.People have been kind,warm and helpful.The are several cultural differences that you will note,but it comes with the meditterenean charm.As a South African you will appreaciate the well connected and intergrated transport system,absence of violent crime(there are cases of pickpocketing in mostly tourist places) and now with the implementation of digital television you can still watch some programmes on television in English while you make the transition.Any specific questions,I will be glad to give you a hand where I can.Regards and good luck!
PS:Websites like http://www.expat-blog.com provide great advise

I know some southafrican guys and they feel good here!

Hi, I am looking to spend a year in Spain but have a five-year old. does anyone have advice for me or experiences to share?

Hi All, I am a South African (Jhb) who spends time each month in Northern Spain (Cantabria). I love it here- the freedom, the chilled atmosphere, the safety, the 'old world' architecture, people of all ages in the streets having fun until all hours of the morning....It's all such a good teacher of learning to live in the moment and enjoying life- Vive Espana!

Hi there / Goeie dag

Great to see South Africans in Spain. Hope to chat with you all living in Spain. My wife and I currently living in South Africa but plan to move to Spain in 2017. Costa del Sol or Costa Brava.  We're both British Citizens

Any South Africans out there, please chat with us.

Groete
Morne & Kiri-Lee