Activities and Groups in Kuala Lumpur

I moved to Kuala Lumpur this week with my fiancé. I don't know anyone in the city and would like to join a group to meet people and fill in my time.

I like art and photography but I am willing to try most things! Possibly an exercise class (gentle!) or a social group of expats.

If anyone knows of any groups or has any suggestions I would love to hear them.

Stephanie

I will be starting a new life in Kuala lumpur in aprox 3 months.. so I'll be exactly in the same position as you do now. Ha ha! Hope things go perfectly fine for you and your fiancee.

Please let me and my wife know how you doing. I am pretty good at getting connections, even from abroad, so if you need directions or tips, and there is a way to know that is pretty possible I will find anything from here in Cordoba Argentina.

For now, if in distress, my main advise is taking a good 2 hours to have a great cup of coffee at the Acme Bar or the Antipodean. I am from Colombia, so I love coffee beans, brewing etc...  and these 2 places are a wonder I have not found in any place except Seoul....

Please be healthy and happy!

Hi Steph,

This is not really a group recommendation, but this food and travel blog will get you off to a delicious start.

[link moderated]

It's written by expats so it's a good place to start when planning your travels and looking for spots to eat. They also love to hear from fellow expats especially when they find places they'd recommend to eat, stay and spa in their travels so drop them a line.

All the best with your move.

:-)