Ballet lessons in KL

Does any one know of any Ballet schools in KL? I'm desperately trying to find my daughter some lessons as she used to do Ballet in the UK and after 4 months of not, her whining is starting to get to me:rolleyes:
Close to Bangsar would be good, but willing to travel a reasonable distance
Thanks!

There is a Ballet school in Desa Pandan near to Ampang Hilir...It is the Meadow Ballet Centre that teaches RAD Ballet.  Have a look at their website and see for yourself.
meadowballetcentre.com

Hi,
Would like to know if you found a good ballet school for your daughter? We are moving to KL from hong kong at the end of this year and i have been trying to look for a ballet school for my 4-year-old as well...she loves her ballet class here and i would like to carry on her classes when we relocate. we'll probably live in damansara or mont kiara but like you said in your post i wouldn't mind something a little distance away for a once a week class

thanks

Yes, we did find somewhere. We looked at several and were most impressed with Wendy's Dance school in Taman Desa. It's about 5 minutes from midvalley. My daughter loves it as they make it really fun. I also know of another more in the area that you are looking at, called the talent hub...we used then for a birthday party and they are also really good.

If  i am not mistaken, i saw a ballet academy opposite the section 14 mosque. Among the rows of shops

thank you Joamelie! Could you please give me the contact details if possible (email or phone number) of Talent hub and Wendy's so that i can check their schedules etc. Is Taman Desa anywhere close to Damansara etc?

About 15 minutes drive I think.
Talent hub web site address is:
talenthub.com.my
Wendy's doesn't have a website, we were recommended by a friend. Her phone number is +6 03 79810493, and she is happy to give people a free trial so they get a feel of what it's like.
I've also found this list of dance schools:
dancemalaysia.com/Institutions/Schools/schools.htm
Only thing I would say, is visit them first...when we went round I saw some things that made me nervous about what damage they would be doing to such young bodies! It also didn't look like the kids were enjoying it much, and we wanted something that was fun for her to do.

thanks so much for this and all your help! i agree i will visit the schools first before deciding anything, because even going through a few websites i felt some of the ballet schools were just not suitable...i would prefer a school that has RAD teachers -- i found one (through Timeout KL's website) that looked quite nice, Karen Barnes school of dance but the links to its website seem dead so i can't really get any information on the school so will check that too when we get there

how old is your daughter?

She has just turned 7. She's been doing ballet since she was 2 or 3...she's not great at it, but she really loves and we didn't want her to have to give up just because of the move.
Good luck with the move. We've been here a year now and love it.

my daughter loves her ballet too :) i hope my daughter settles down well in KL too...it is going to be her first big relocation (we have moved before but she was too young to remember any of those moves!)thanks for all your help

You can check out Dance Pot at Setapak, KL. It's only 10-15 mins drive away from KL city center and accessible from Mont Kiara, Hartamas, PJ via the DUKE highway, it'll only take 35 - 40 mins. Check out their website at dancepot.my and their Facebook page at facebook.com/dancepot

j0amelie wrote:

Does any one know of any Ballet schools in KL? I'm desperately trying to find my daughter some lessons as she used to do Ballet in the UK and after 4 months of not, her whining is starting to get to me:rolleyes:
Close to Bangsar would be good, but willing to travel a reasonable distance
Thanks!

Acts Dance studio
Block A-3-6, Jalan Sri Hartamas 1
Plaza Damas

Tel: 03-62032921
Mobile: 012-6772533 (Rachel Aw)

My LO used to go to Acts Dance - Rachel is her teacher, she is very good. Unfortunately the kindergarten's extra curriculum timetable crashed, so we changed her to Dancestep studio @ Solaris Mont Kiara.

Dancesteps Studio
Address :
20, Jalan Solaris 5
Solaris Mont Kiara
50480 Kuala Lumpur
Malaysia

Telephone :
+603 6203 7946 (3.30pm to 6.30pm)
dancesteps.com.my/

if i am not mistaken rupali r u a bengali living in kuala lumpur............that is if u r there still now.............we r thinking aboout shifting to kl by august this year.....so how is it like living in kl......last time when i visited as a tourist had a bad experience our passport got stolen..