Riyadh Restaurant Recommendations

Help please! I'm looking for some nice dinner places for myself and the hubster - steak, arabic, anything you recommend as yummy? Thanks.

You have plenty of choices in Riyadh

Friday bruch - Khozama on Olya do a great brunch

Steak house & Food Ruckers & Applebees are dotted around Riyadh (all are decent)

Chillies on Tahlia Road - is a great eatery

For authentic arab food - try Mama Noora on Dabab Road

If you want to try something traditional in a traditional setting (this is what I was told anyway) try “NAJD VILLAGE” Restaurant Located on Abu Baker Road (off King Abdullah Road)
Tel No. 225 0034

Try Sizzler House at Tahlia ,I simply love buffet Dinner and how can I forget Fajita Avenue,for Arabic Alnafora[at several places] and Al saraya the Turkish food in my all time Fav

We went to the 'Burger Boutique' on Thursday and the food was great.  They have all kinds of gourmet burgers!  The service was also good.

I recommend Steak house and Copper Chandni, the latter is an Indian restaurant where both the food, service and the ambiance are top. It's in tahliya street & looks like a castle.

all fab eating joints no doubt. Najd Village is an experience you must not miss, at least once in your lifetime. its outa this world. the only prob is knowing wat to order. ive been there mostly with locals and they do the ordering and that helps a lot.

Duo, on Exit 5 on the Northern Ring Road, is also a great place for eating out.

Fuddruckers is great too.

Unfortunately we went once at Duo the food was awful, we didn't even eat half of it & we never went back. The restaurant is nice though.

Thats strange, indeed. Weve been eating out at Duo since it opened and the family enjoy their menu extensively. FYI DUO and STEAKHOUSE and even Z-Noodles (closed now), belong to Al Faisaliah Group Food Sector where I used to work before, from 1999-2008.

Thanks for the recommendations everyone!  The hubster is a seafood guy...any suggestions?

Yep.. go to Baltimore for crabs lol

Lebanese?

redgems wrote:

Lebanese?

Nafoura is the best

yep, I can vouch for Nafoura too.
try this blog too - http://anitabejoy.blogspot.com/2010/04/ … rabia.html

You Can Find all type of restaurants in Riyadh along with Photos, Comments & Reviews in

WWW.MySaudiGuides.com

I highly recommend this website......it's all about food in Riyadh

FooD Lover

redgems wrote:

Thanks for the recommendations everyone!  The hubster is a seafood guy...any suggestions?

Hubster?  Your profile shows you as a male??:unsure 

Let us know what you decided on and how it was for you - always good to have reviews :)

Steak - Outback Steakhouse (Tahliah St)
American Style - Chili's / Fridays (Tahliah / Takhassussi)
Sushi - Tokyo (bring the check book, Oruba St.)
Lebanese - Baalbeck / Burj Al-Hamam (Oruba St).
Italian - L'Olimpo (Dhabab & Tahlia crossing)

Seafood - I dunno. I tried the Amo Hamza place, but wasn't that great. Someone did mention a place behind Jarir on Olaya St. I've yet to try it.

My personal opinion of Steakhouse/Duo/Nafoura are that they're "OK".

Food is a personal preference. So you'll have to try'em all out I guess.

I think this site sums up all questions on the matter:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants- … iyadh.html

Ok call me a stick in the mud.  Been to Steakhouse and Duo.  Both okay (equate w/ average eatery).  For a city this size and the capital of the country, it is pretty sad when one has to choose from such average places as Chili's, TGIF, etc. for nice places to eat.  I'm just spoiled but are there "real good" top level restaurants here?  Steakhouse equates to a Sizzler in my book.  I am sure they exist here, they have too.  I'm talking a real quality steakhouse with 1-1/2" thick prime rib where you order everything ala carte (sp?) (talking even your baked potato that you get charged $15 US bucks for).  Now that is dinner (not even going there when you can't enjoy with a nice bottle of wine)!  It doesn't seem like a real good dinner unless the food is top notch (meat melts in your mouth) and is grilled to perfection.  Could be the level of meat available here (can't find a porterhouse or T-Bone anywhere).

To me, when in Rome do as the Romans do.  I would like to eat at an authentic Arabic restaurant.  I agree, best to go with an Arabic person(s) who knows how and what to order.  Like going to a Chineese restaraunt.  Always best to go with a Chinaman.  Same in India, had some great food there but had no idea what it was, an Indian always ordered for the group.

However, an excellent dinner always comes down to the company you are with.

For Steak you may go to Tony Roma's at Olaya and for Arabian Food I would suggest Alshrfa at Khurais Road.It has food images and it really helps u to order if u r not aware with those Arabic Cuisine.

Tony Roma's is just a chain restaurant, like Sizzler's.

I know what CivEngr wants and what he's got to do is what I do:  Go to Tamini's, pay  the big bucks for a thick cut of American beef.. take it home and broil it!

I think the best restaurants are really only found at the better hotels in town.  They have quite nice atmosphere and the food isnt bad.  Nothing quite like the states, but better than TGIF or DUO, etc.  The only issue is price - its pretty high for what your getting.

Hey a few of us were talking about good Burger Places the other day and I couldn't remember the place that I had been to....  Try 'Burger Boutique.'  Its quite nice and has a nice upscale atmosphere and its all open.  No closed booths that tI remember.  Its one street off Olaya in the heart of downtown, if memory serves me right.

Best burger I had here was at the 4 Seasons, but the price was ungodly!  Of course, 2/3's of the price was because it was the 4 Seasons :lol:

Nina_01 wrote:

Now this is very handy thanks Nina01 :)  Would be good if anyone on this site who has been to any of the restaurants could input their review onto the site then the ratings will reflect the opinion and be updated.

Allie - Im with you on 'buying your own and making it yourself.'  :top:

BUT, there are those days when you just want to do something nice, go somewhere nice, and enjoy a meal - and make it special.  :top:

gowiththeflowUK wrote:
Nina_01 wrote:

Now this is very handy thanks Nina01 :)  Would be good if anyone on this site who has been to any of the restaurants could input their review onto the site then the ratings will reflect the opinion and be updated.

I already did.. .months ago ;)

gowiththeflowUK wrote:
Nina_01 wrote:

You are welcome :)...
Well that site is great for everything! It has everything from all over the world.. Reviews on rests, hotels, countries.. Enjoy it :)

yeah, i usually follow the same site and by the way there is one more site for home delivery,its really good and quick a well , http://6alabat.com.sa/   They have good variety of food and i m sure its gonna benefit many of u