Looking for advice on rental properties in southern france.

Hello,

I would like to move to southern France in October of this year. I am self-employed, can work from anywhere, and am primarily interested in departments 66 (Pyrenees-Orientales), 11 (Aude) & 34 (Herault).

I have been looking at rental on various websites and am having trouble finding something that fits my criteria. Hopefully people can offer advice here. Although I have a driver's license, I do not like to drive and would prefer to be able to walk to a swimming beach (as I like to swim daily). Apart from that, I need a house/apartment with at least 2 bedrooms (if there is space for a large office with 2 desks in the living room). If the living area is not a large open-plan then I need 3 bedrooms.

Apart from the criteria above I am not too picky. I don't have a set price in mind as I do not know what the rental rates are. I imagine that they vary greatly depending on how close they are to a city - but I am not sure.

Can anyone offer advice on towns/cities/villages where I should focus my search? Or does anyone know of any rental properties that might meet my criteria?

Thank you - aikaterine

Hello aikaterine.

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Have you try to post your advert in the Properties for rent in France section. Perhaps it could help.

Thanks and good luck

Karen :)

hello
i know rather well the real estate rental business on THE FRENCH RIVIERA  NICE TO CANNES
More expensive of course than the other places but i may find you something depending of your budget range from 700 TO 1500 EUROS EVERYTHING INCLUDED in a luxurious residence in front of the beaches
perhaps other possibility but not in front of the water
[email protected]