Working with KOC

Hi everyone,

I'm Khairul from Kuala Lumpur, a newbie here. I had an offer from KOC as reservoir engineer. The package that I got was 2525 KWD all in. Does it sufficient for family of 4 which include 2 little kids. But that is not my main concern here.

I would like to know the work experience or work culture in KOC. I heard many stories about working experience with middle east company from my friends. Most of them said that work there is so easy and relax. Of course most of them enjoy it but some of them didnt like it especially when they decide to come back home to Kuala Lumpur. They struggling to adapt to the 'real' work life.

All comment and feedback is highly appreciated especially someone from KOC.

Regards

yes it is sufficient

Hi

The salary is sufficient and I think they will pay your kids school fee, health fully covered, paid accommodation and free transportation.

Working environment is challenging and really depends on you

Hi everyone,

I'm Hung from Viet nam but now i stayed at Kuala lumpur, a newbie here. I had an offer from KOC as senior drilling depper well engineer. The package that I got was 1700 KWD from the OSSC service not including some other benefit with the house ( 450 KD), schoolling fee, rental car from company, 01 flight back to viet nam a year. In this time, I had got lumsum 1500 KD at Kuala lumpore not including the other benefit. Does it sufficient for family of 4 which include 2 little kids. And is that ok if I moved to Kuwait for working. My main concern about the drilling with the deep wells drilling.

I would like to know the work experience or work culture in KOC. I hear that the drilling well very hard and They struggling to adapt to the 'real' work life and you can be a lot challenging.

All comment and feedback is highly appreciated especially someone from deep drilling team KOC group.
Regards

you realize you are asking the exact same question that scousergti asked, with difference in numbers only, right?

Yes, I the same situation with Kharul but difference with the scale. Have you got any experience with KOC>

Hi Hungngo
As with most places in the Middle East the pay is relaed to your passport and much lesser extent qualifications.
Working with KOC is painfully slow.  Basically find a project you like and jump on it otherwise it can be very boring and not good for your career.  The workload is easily done however the culture is the slower the better.
There are many things that they will not tell you, for example, that your family cannot, offically join you for the first three months as its consiedered probation unless you have you Team Leader permission.  However finance would not reimburse you for tickets bought before then. Your housing allowance would be on bachelor status for the first three months and then the full 450 after.  Clarify schooling as schools are dependent on passports (Indians to Indian schools) and the percentage is based on offical tution listed at the Ministry.
Ask even mundane questions and get the answer in writing.   
However it will take you about two to three months to get the paper work through. 
The work is easier. Adapting to the pace, painful.
Mario

Thank you Mario very much for your information's.

Hello guys...any body know office land line no.of al karam al arabi catering services for KOC or extention no.of HR Department ? I would like to ask them with regards workkng visa.