Want to move to the South of Italy (Salerno)

Hey!!

I am a British, single 26 year old female living in London but with Italian roots.

I visit the South of Italy (Salerno) every year as I have family and an apartment over there. It has always been my dream to live  in the South of Italy since I was young but was never the right time until now...

I speak fluent Italian and would really love to take the plunge and move over there!! I am hesitant as I know that jobs are hard to come by (especially in the South) but I am taking a TEFL course in October and would like to use that to teach English over there, maybe start out doing private tutoring.

I would love to speak to other British & Americans who have moved to that region and advise me if it can really be done and if there are any private English/Language schools in Salerno or surrounding areas!! :)

Hi Giada86,

Welcome to Expat-blog. :)

Thank you for your introduction.

Wish you the best of luck. ;)

Thank you

Maximilien

Thank you :)

Giada86,

When I moved to Salerno, I took a number of classes at the Accademia Leonardo.  They teach Italian classes, but I know that they have English teachers as well.  Everyone there is very nice and I know at least one expat that was working there teaching English.

accademialeonardo.it/en/index.html

Salerno is a fantastic city, though the English speaking expat community is pretty non-existent.  I think if you are an EU citizen, it shouldn't be much of a problem.  There are a number of private schools seeking English instructors and private tutors are popular here.

Good luck,

=M=

Ciao Guida, did you ever make it to Salerno as an English teacher or other profession?

I'm an English 33 year old staying in Salerno frequently. I'd really like to make some new friends here and better my Italian.

My partner is Italian and all his family are here. I plan to be here the whole summer next year.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Louise x