Registering Terios

I am looking at buying a Daihatsu Terios from a private seller for €3500. This is about €1500 less than other Terioses I have found, so I am thinking that it is not registered here in Malta. Can anyone give me any information on the registering process - how long it takes, how much it might cost for the 1999 terios, etc. Also if anyone knows of any 4x4s for sale.....! Cheers

would need the Size of Engine, age, Mileage, exact model to give you a proper quote

Julian

Ah it turns out that the car is registered just it's on the new scheme as it was brought over after 2009. I think that's right? So that is why it is cheaper than all the other terioses I have found, as the annual circulation license fee will be about €600 instead of about €170 as it is on the terioses brought over before 2009. However, I did read somewhere that after december of this year all cars will be on the new license scheme so will have to pay more. Do you know if that is true? Thanks

Sliema <3 wrote:

Ah it turns out that the car is registered just it's on the new scheme as it was brought over after 2009. I think that's right? So that is why it is cheaper than all the other terioses I have found, as the annual circulation license fee will be about €600 instead of about €170 as it is on the terioses brought over before 2009. However, I did read somewhere that after december of this year all cars will be on the new license scheme so will have to pay more. Do you know if that is true? Thanks

Not true! but it could be that all cars registered after December 2013 will be on the new licence scheme.
Its the way you say it that makes the difference :D

Terry