Motorized Bicycle Laws?

I currently own a regular mountain bike, however I would like to upgrade it into a motorized bicycle.
What are the laws in Malta regarding this? I searched, but sadly had poor results. Do I need a licence? I don't own a car licence, however I don't intend to drive it in a public road. And what is the age limit?
Thank you!! :)

The law is (like everywhere else) that these motorized bicycles are not allowed to be used on public roads (same like pocket bikes).
Other than everywhere else, the police here does not really care about this ... as long as nothing happens.
Every motorized vehicle (except electric bicycle with power up to 250W) has to be registered, but since these "rota mutur" are not even road legal, you won't get it registered.
Either you don't care or you buy an electric bicycle or a small scooter (125cc only cost 10 Euro annual tax and about 60-70 Euro insurance)

So basically I won't be bothered by police if I ride in dirt paths and such?

Maxi256 wrote:

So basically I won't be bothered by police if I ride in dirt paths and such?

You probably won't be bothered by the police but there is every chance you will get shot by the so called 'hunters'!

Ray

wait so does it mean if a police officer sees me on one as long as i dont do anything illegal and i follow the traffic laws they will be okay with it?

coochieman wrote:

wait so does it mean if a police officer sees me on one as long as i dont do anything illegal and i follow the traffic laws they will be okay with it?

Are you for real?? And you are a Maltese citizen. Oh please!!!

Children always look for their limits. Young adults too.

hanselmar wrote:

Children always look for their limits. Young adults too.

This tread is four years old why bother commenting?