Can I survive on this salary in Amsterdam?

I am considering applying for a job in Amsterdam - the salary is between €40000 and €45000. I think that would be between €1941 and €2174 per month after tax.

Financial commitments (a loan) I have in the UK mean I would have to transfer €550 or so each month.

Realistically speaking, would I be able to survive after transferring this?

Ideally I'd like to live in a studio flat and cycle everywhere.

Hi,

You can easily survive with this salary and save more than what you mentioned.

All the best...

Thanks,
Manjesh

I am planning to move to Utrecht, Netherland this year. I need information about salary and cost of living. I am Chemical engineer having 8 years work exp in MNC. and got offer from one of the company in utrecht for the position of Senior Engineer. Can you tell me about the cost of living there and what salary should i ask to employer? I have to repay my loan so i have to send 700 Euro every month to india.

Thanks & Regards,

would be getting same salary and am coming from india.....can you help me find a decent location with indian roomates....my workplace is amsterdam-zuid...thanks

Hi Hars,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

For your accommodation request, please post it in the Shared accommodation in the Amsterdam section please.

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

You can survive for sure just plan your month expenses and from there you will be fine.

Hi Manjesh
I am very keen to move to netherlands and work there. can you help me out? plzzz!!!

i plan to work in netherlands. can someone guide me please how do i go about it?

Hi Vikram,

Welcome on board to this site.
I advice you to read the sticky topic " New to Holland" which has a lots of useful information.
Your journey to the Netherlands can start here.

Happy searching!

thats more that good to make it in Amsterdam

:)

That's a realy good salary! I live here whit 3 childeren and have the same