Moving from Greece to Amsterdam,What salaries should I be looking for?

I am discussing with a company in Amsterdam for the position of Software Engineer.
What is considered as a good salary to live comfortably in Amsterdam?
I have visited Amsterdam in the past (for vacation) and I found it too expensive for my current salary.
I am from Greece. If you could help me figure out what I should expect/request taking into account taxes housing etc it would be really helpful!

Thank you

Hi Akis2013!

Welcome to Expat.com!

Armand

What means conformable for u?

Hi,
Confortable for me is:
1)Being able to rent an appartment.
2)Being able to move to work either via transportation or other means
3)Being able to maintain my current dietary habits
4)Being able to go out for a drink during weekends
If I can do all 4 and still have some money left in the end of the month, I would consider this as ideal.

Does this answer your question?

Ti na sou po Aki :) sure not less then 2200e...but even with less u will live (pay rent,food,bills,public transport but nothing more then this).I lot of people live in NL with family and much less money thats why I asked what means comfortable for u.I just simply dont like question like will it be enough because this depend on your needs really,some people need more some are good with less..By the way my husband is Greek but he works in Hague!

When I said 2200e I meant neto.

Efxaristo polu :)
Sounds like that 2200 euro neto is just for work/eat/sleep.
For Greece this is a lot of money but for NL sounds like it is not much.
Is there some link that shows apartment rental prices to get a feeling of what is cost the everyday life there?
Also what exactly are the salary ranges (min-max) there?
For instance in Greece a salary of 2200euro neto is unrealistic to expect.

Aki re 2200e sure are not just workt/eat/sleep :) u can afford other things trust me but u also must bit careful with money :) Like be careful where u will rent home or why not rent just a room and u will save a lot of money and then after when u get used on life there on prices choose flat or just a studio.For salary range in IT i really dont know but  lot of people work for 1300e that is some minimal wage for full time job.I know it is a lot of money for greece because I was living there 5 years.Did company already told u the salary???Are u gonna live alone?U will be ok there I am sure....

Let me ask it differently since you have lived in Greece. 
What is the equivalent of 1200-1300 euro net of Greece in Amsterdam?

Aki for me this is hard to say because in greece we had much less money let say 900e but our own home,food cost the same and again  anyway our live in greece was without some special outgoings and in netherlands salary is almost double but we need to pay rent,insurance is costing,gasoline for care is experience and also public transport...and also keep in mind that A-dam is more expensive then other cites.So everything depend on your needs and what u think that is comfortable.Maybe for us it is just once a week to go with kids to Mc Donalds and walks in parks)we simply do not need more things and other people need much more..But let say at about maybe 1800e in NL but I am not sure,depend also where u are gonna live in room for 400e or flat 800e plus bils....

Natalija, thank you for your help.
I have one last question if I may. In Greece as you know we don't live with roommates but rent apartments.
What would be an average cost of an apartment around 60 square meters and the cost for heat and electricity and water?
I am browsing in the link here that says Housing and it seems that the cheapest is ~1200 euro(!). Is this right?

Aki did u check pararius.nl? This are appartmants from real estate agnecys and I guess u know in that case u are acctualy paying 3 rents (for the first month,deposit and for agency fee) or try to avaid them and go to martkplaats.nl and maybe u find home from private ovner and in that case u pay rent and deposit.About the rent look we in hage pay 550e plus bills but not in such a good are if u understand what I mean but more we can not affor so what u pay is what u get again depent on ur needs!In a-dam as I can see in not such a good areas and suburb u cant find already for 800e I am sure but maybe without furnitures that u can take secont hand in vary vary vary good cintiton and sheap and all u can find on marktplaats.nl Just try to find hole with the floor(laminat) because if dont have u need to put it and it is acctualy not so expensive areounbd 300e for that size of flat plus handy man.One more thing try to find home with net connecetion because otherwise u will wait maybe 3 month for new connection as we do now....If u will live alone u dont need more that studio until 35m and yeas chech also this expatriates.com I hope that I help u but if u need some other info ask me!

Hi natalija. You are very helpful.
I checked the sites and you are right. Amsterdam center is expensive.
Thanks for the tip for the internet connection!
One thing I noticed is the following though:
I read that the average cost per month for 1 person is ~100 euros for electricity/gas/water. But I could not find anywhere a cost for the phone bills. I think this is particularly important for expats that would be calling home regularly.
So what's the deal with phone costs?

Thank you!

I'd just try to call by Skype, Voipewise or some programm like that as much as possible. You could buy a Lebara SIM-card and call credit. I guess that's the company providing the lowest rates to another country.

We are also using Skype!!Mobil phone also is not so expensive even if u are calling abroad but on the fix (statero) phone.Avoind A-Dam canter,use public transport/bicycle and it will be ok trust me!