Holiday ideas-France

Hi, any French gentlemen or ladies or anyone who can give me info regarding holiday destinations in France?

I have asked this question before but haven't received a reply so far:(

I am planning to spend a few weeks in France but don't know where to go...

What I want: nice beaches but not very crowded
             quality food and good service-money is not an issue
             nature...nature...and nature...

Go to Monaco & Nice (for beaches)

And of course the best place to ask is in the Riyadh forum

Don't be so narrow-minded- I can ask any question here...

I am sure there are people out there who can suggest something...Am I wrong?

Hi , I am originally from the North-East of France but I've spent almost 1 year in the French Riviera. In summer, it is absolutely wonderful. You've got tons of beaches so it is not very croweded. You can go anywhere you want for Marseille to Nice since you've got the train stopping in each town.

I would advise you to make a French Riviera road trip from Marseille to Ventimiglia (Italy) going trough Toulon, Saint-Raphael, Saint-Tropez, Cannes, Nice, Monaco and little villages. You've got nature (Verdon gorges), wild beaches, very good climate, people are really nice and you've got any food you want.

Also, if you heard about Couchsurfing, CSers are really active their and organize a lot of events (especially in Nice)

I second Krysman25, for beaches, the French-Italian Riviera  is the best.  Everybody knows  about  the big cities like Nice,Cannes, Monaco..Ets (they are all like 1h on the train from eachother) , but let me give you some names of villages that I have visited and they will make you Crayyy.. Mountainous villages near  Nice; St.Paul de vence , Eze, Haut de Cagnes and the costal town of villefranche sur mer.

By the way, its not Golden sandie beaches..it's more of hard blak-rocks kind of beaches.

If I were you , I will  try to also go to Italy and see Portofino and hike the five villages of Linque Terre.

True that water is nice, but sand not that much ^^.

Its is either stony beach or "big grain" sand (not as thin as Saudi arabia sand ^^)

True also that you have really nice picturesque villages you can visit.

Also don't forget the French alps especially Chamonix-Mont Blanc.

Also if you are going to Paris , it will be worth it to take a day trip to Brugge in Belgium (will send you my address for the Belgium chocolate  :D ) and another day trip to Amsterdam

I think that you're going to make an Eurotrip Ruby ^^

She said few weeks  and money is no issue... So tons of time and resources to go around and enjoy Europe (and buy chocolate for bloggers back in Saudi )

and some good French cheese and croissant !

And that's 2

bring some cheese for me

Hello Ruby Sterling.

For more visibility, your post has been moved to the France forum. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

The key to quiet beaches is not to come on the big national holidays. Languedoc Roussillion is a quieter choice than Marseille to italian boarder. If you get bored you can go to Barcelona for a day trip its no time on the train. There should be no problems with food in France they have everything here.

If going Marseille italian boarder beach hop route best to eat dinner in town off the beaches as the price is better value for money.
The French eat at very specific times so a great way to eat at the better bistro's is to arrive at 6:30pm as lunch finishes at 2 most French aren't ready for dinner till 7pm. I used this trick before and scored the last table every time. The waitress hated me, everyone else made a reservation. You know I never felt guilty as she turned away the other people because they were full and who wants to wait 3 hours for a table.
Food is a very slow affair here, a 2 hour compulsory lunch hour so try and get a drink early on at meal times and be prepared to wait.
Never bother coming back to a restaurant if its fully booked as most diners will sit for 2-3 hours.

France can be done on a budget there is an isle for champagne in the large supermarkets and the oysters come in crates and they sell ice. The French invented all inclusive if your into that, personally I prefer to wonder.
Glamping is great way of saving if you prefer to spend most of your time outside but still need several pools and a massage. There are lots of swanky hotels especially on the Riviera if money is no object but book like last year as the hotels have alot of demand being the most visited country in the world.

If money is no object you can just hire a super Yacht or a catamaran and sail the med coast taking shore leave for quiet beaches this after all one of the few places in the world you can hire this stuff at a competitive rate they also do Bentley day hire  :o .
http://www.gosouthfrance.com/best-south … beach.html
There are also lots of inland lake beaches, you can go swimming under Pont Du Gard. See the wild horses in the Camargue also there are over 105 types of endangered bird species and I think another 140 not endangered  different bird types. Just be careful to not let the gypsies take the wheels off the Bentley.   

So much more to do and see but I'm  :sleep now