Wife and daughter to follow....

Hi all,

I will be taking up a position in NBAD sometime over the next few months from England. It will be our first time living abroad and whilst I have dozens of questions to ask, my first concerns my wife and daughter. What is the process for sponsoring both of them and how long does this process take? They won't be joining me immediately as I need to get a place set up but obviously I am keen for them to come out sooner rather than later.

Thanks in advance and I promise this is the first of many posts!!

Cheers,

Simon

It's not a difficult process.

Your company PRO can do most of the legwork for you....filling in the forms etc. You will need to provide them with health insurance cover, your wife will need to have the ministry medical, once you have all the paperwork you'll need to go along to the processing centre (13th St, just after 24th) and submit the application. The visas take a few days, the Emirates ID card a couple of weeks.

In most cases you would be the sponsor for your family.  Process is very simple.  After your UAE residence visa is done, go to any approved Typing (Documentation processing) Centre with your passport, family passport copies, photos, your salary certificate/labour contract, your home tenancy contract.  They will prepare the application for your family's visa.  Once you collect the visa, your family can travel in.  After they arrive, do their medicals and get their residence visa's stamped in the passports.  Please make sure all your passports are valid for at least 6 months on the date of arriving into UAE.

Thanks to you both for the info. That is one matter I can put to rest until I get there.

Simon, Hope your wife and daughter made it over here , I have similar issues with mine would love some advice do you have a 05 number can maybe call you on meet up for coffee would be good

Samuel

In short time,u can do it,even make visit visa for them and then,process the residence visa for them after getting ur visa u will become their sponsor