Life in Abu Dhabi

Hi guys whats app , ive been here in abu dhabi for 4 months now , till now weather is nice , the city is also calm good for people who work and want to get relax after work , abu dhabi is a perfect choice for families , unlike dubai which is more fun for singles , taxis are acceptable along with food there are many choices to choose among , rents and parking are the most difficult things here ( prices are high ) malls and parks and beaches are are the places who people attend holidays , the thing i noticed here is the "time" time is very quick week starts and end very quickly ? Do u agree with me on this ? It would be nice from new members to give there opinion on how they see abu dhabi ? Hope all participates in this discussion                        Regards,                                                                    Fakher Al-Deen ( arab american expat , 22 years old )

i noticed it too. days past so fast.. i guess its like that when you're too busy at work .. one time at the office - i was wondering why are they wearing jeans, and i am not ? i was like -- its thursday - already?! i lost track of the days  .. im just new here, ahead of two  months with your mr.fakher

So where do u go to places in town ?

Well my favorite place is the corniche as its just walking distance from my place. I don't go out much since its too hot, and i dont own a car yet so i just stay at home and some movie marathon.

Ya i agree without car u cant explore the city

:top:  You still can explore the city, they have bus system here, plus taxis, its not that expensive, abu dhabi is not that big unlike dubai, one left turn it will cost you minutes to go back. try the public bus, though u will wait in minutes at least youll get your ride w/ a cheap cost. welcome to abu dhabi...

Ok, so I have one stupid question: What's the difference between Abu Dhabi and Dubai... :)

Also, an important question: I will be moving there in a couple of months, I have no clue as to how much cash (in AED) to carry there. I'm moving from India to Dubai and need to know if 1500-2000 AED will be enough for the first month (excluding rent and transport).

Between Abu Dhabi and Dubai. Difference is the spelling! (stupid answer for a stupid question!)
But kidding aside. i cant compare as i have not tried living nor working in Dubai
But as for your budget of 1500 to 2000... i think you can survive with that..
1500 is my exact budget for a month INCLUDING rent and transport.
the budget you set may .. or ... may not be enough, as it is a matter of how you live your life.
:D

depends

Hey yaar, please send me your 05 number so we can meet up and discuss how life is in Abu Dhabi and see if we can help each other. I am so busy getting people wanting to meet me to discover the secret as they need it as Abu Dhabi is a very expensive place and they need their money to grow and I am the only person that can do that, All i need is a 15 minute coffee chat to discuss further. PLease message me back with name and 05 number.

vikast wrote:

depends

Yes, it depends on the lifestyle, but I think 1500 DHS would be ok for a month. I'm planning to come there soon.