Moving to Ho Chi Minh in May

Hi! I'm Tania, 28 years old.
I'm from Barcelona and I'm moving to HCMC in May for work.
I need to find a house, or a room in a share flat. I will work in D1.
I will also like to learn some vietnamese and meet some people.
I'm moving completely alone.

I will arrive on May 13th.

Any advice?

Thanks
Tania

Hi Tania!
Hearty welcome to Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam!
I wish you all success in your life and a happy and peaceful life here in Vietnam! Surely you will meet so many good hearted expats and locals. Good luck!

Hi Tania .welcome to this city, hope you have a great time here

Hi Tania,

Welcome to HCMC,

Thanks a lot!

Hey Tania! I'm Jacklynn (24 years old). I'm an American who has been in H.C.M.C. for a little over a month. I moved to Vietnam completely alone as well so I understand where you're coming from. I actually found my apartment in D1 in the housing section on expat-blog so I would suggest looking there. In district 1 with roommates you can usually expect to pay about $250-350 a month for rent but this almost always includes most if not all utilities and a maid. Let me know if you have any other questions!

-Jacklynn

Welcome you to my city :)
Hope you feel good :)

Hi Jacklynn!
Thanks a lot for your answer!

Do you know where can I search for a room in a search flat? I mean any website or if you know something.

Thanks a lot!
We could meet once I will be there ;)

Tania

Hey Tania! No problem, just helping out a fellow expat. :) On this website (expat-blog) go to the housing section and then check either in "rooms" or "shared accommodation", people looking for roommates or for someone to take over their lease post in both. Are you planning to stay at a hotel when you get here or are you looking to move in right away? I looked at 3 places before I found one that worked best for me so I'd suggest maybe getting a hotel room for a couple days and looking a few apartments before committing.

That'd be great! When you get here let me know and I'll send you my number. Happy travels!

-Jacklynn

You can also try Craiglist Vietnam, but make sure its a shared place, many are just rooms in a large house and not really a shared situation. D1 will be the dearest area, try looking at Binh Thanh or D3 which are a bit cheaper.

Hey Tania,

I moved here in February from Melbourne.  I assume you're going to need somewhere to stay while you're looking at places to live.  I stayed in a guesthouse called Ngoc Hue Hotel in D1 while I was looking for accommodation.  The rooms are reasonable with air con and $12 a night or $300 a month with breakfast included, quiet an average breakfast.

Good luck finding a place, if you're still looking in June I have a room opening up in my place in D7, but it might be a bit far out for you.

Hola Tania!

I'm moving to Ho Chi Minh in the beginning of May. It's going to be a fresh start for me in Vietnam (although not the first time in Asia). Si algun dia quieres tomar un cafe o buscar un piso juntas, escribe me!

Saludos,
Ewelina

Hi Ewelina,

welcome to Expat.com and HCMC,
HCMC is really a nice place.
Thanks
Raf

Hi Dear,
Welcome to HCMC as its a great place to live.
I am lara and working here as an expat. I teach Mathematics here and living all alone in Dist 7.
Lets meet up for coffee or drinks and see what we can do for each other.
Have Fun and wish you great time.
Cheers
lara

Hi Ewelina,
Welcome to HCMC and wish you great time here as its really a nice place for expats.
I am lara and working here as a Mathematics Faculty.
Lets meet over coffee or drinks and wish I could be of some help to you as I am here since August 2012.
Have Fun!
lara

Hi Tania
Im a local Viet in HCMC. Just graduated, currently looking for a job with completely nothing to do. When you get here if you want you can contact me I'll help show you around and stuffs, even Vietnamese lessons.
Let me know if I can help anything.
Also first thing you need to know in HCMC is beware of your belongings on the streets. Don't use expensive phones especially when you are on a motorbike, can easily get robbed. Sad but thats the reality of my city.
Cheers

contact me, I will  help you to find apartment without any commission.Sure.
+84- 938352465 or email: [email protected]

Hello Tania,
I can help you find good house or apartment in D1. If you need,you will call for me. I'm David. My phone number 0939 161 373.

Hello Dear,

You can take a look in these pages: It have a lot of choice & you can know a bit about price here.
vietnamhouse.jp/en/
homesearch.com.vn/
apartments-villas-hcm.com/
vnrental.net/

Good Luck & Welcome

Yuli

I dont know why i cant send you a link, i will send you in privite sms.

Haizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

You can rent an apparment. Try to see Khanh Hoi apparment or SaiGon Pearl. You can go to work by motorbike. Good luck!!

[Moderated: Please post in English on the anglophone forum]

Hi!

Where is the room?

The Tat Nguyen wrote:

Hi Tania ,
Im looking one persone to move in my room its 40sqm2 if still looking for call me 0903818687 or email [email protected] .
Thanks
The

Hi Tania,

WELCOME TO HCMC
have a nice day,

cheers
Raf

Hi Tania,

I am from Navarra and thinking to move there. I have an offer but i am thinking to accept the offer. If I finally move to HCMC hope that we have opportunity to meet. I am a little bit scare to accept the offer because i have good job in Spain.

We keep in touch. Let me know how is everything to know what i will find.

Regards

XGM

Hi Tania,

Please check [link moderated].She will help you finding a suitable place to stay.

In general,check Phu My Hung or Thao Dien area. Its convenient to stay there if you work in District 1

Hola Tania,

Sigues en HCMC. Yo voy a vivir-trabajar en Agosto a HCMC y estoy un poco asustado. Cuentame como te va para hacerme una idea.

Un saludo

charmavietnam, it's not as if you were a new user ... come on, could you please post in the correct section ? Or should we moderate you as well ?

Here is the housing section. Thanks