Fox news

Can I get Fox News in Saigon?  The hotel I've stayed in does not offer it.  Suggestions?

yes u can.  just buy slingbox and install it at usa.  then u can access to fox news on ur computer. (moderated: off topic)

You may want to save time and watch Comedy Central for the relevant parts.  It's hard to sit through the boring stuff, waiting for the really outrageous lies.

You mean they like MSLSD?  Fox News is the only thing close to reality, other than Mike Savage.

Oh, no.  Please don't tell me the MSNBC lovers and the liberals have infiltrated Vietnam???????  Please don't ruin that country.  It's beautiful.  Or at least, keep the liberal stuff to yourself.

HA HA HA. 

Do you understand the government of the country you are staying in? I don't think you need to worry about the liberals infiltrating.

I really hope Fox News isn't available anywhere outside of the bible belt.

Ha!  Good one, James.  Yes, you're right.  USA government is run by a bunch of candy-a**es.  By the way, did you find Fox for me?

Repeat: You do understand the type of government in Vietnam?  And you do understand what Teapublican morons say about Liberals?

jamesquanhai wrote:

HA HA HA. 

I really hope Fox News isn't available anywhere outside of the bible belt.

Why? Would you prefer MSNBC, which has been determined by Pew Research in a recent study to be the most dishonest network, be broadcast everywhere instead?

jkelly5762 wrote:

Can I get Fox News in Saigon?  The hotel I've stayed in does not offer it.  Suggestions?

You can download XBMC and the addon Navi-X for your computer and stream Fox News onto your computer. Although I have found it to be hit or miss with streaming Fox News. Some days the links are down and other days it works just fine.

Did you actually see the Pew report or did you read that somewhere?  I'd just like to read it for myself.

perry88 wrote:

Did you actually see the Pew report or did you read that somewhere?  I'd just like to read it for myself.

You should be able to find it at the Pew Research website.

PARMYD: Well, I searched Pew Research between 1/1/2012 and 4/23/2013.  I used search words "ethics" and "MSNBC."  There was one report during this period.  The table I saw was called "News Organization Believability" and was dated July 19-22, 2012.  MSNBC was rated as 50-50, 50% positive and 50% negative.  Faux News was rated 49-51, 49% positive and 51% negative. This tied Faux News with USA Today, with the same percentages, at the bottom of the table.  Local news and the CBS program "60 Minutes" were rated at the top of the chart.  The results can be found at:http://www.people-press.org/2012/08/16/further-decline-in-credibility-ratings-for-most-news-organizations/. 
It seems as if Faux News is actually the loser here.  I'd be very interested in seeing the source you stated.

"A separate analysis of cable in late 2012 finds that, over all, commentary and opinion are far more prevalent on the air (63% of the airtime) than straight news reporting (37%). CNN is the only channel to offer more reporting (54%) than opinion (46%), though by a small margin. By far the highest percentage of opinion and commentary is on MSNBC (85% to 15% reporting).  Fox was in between at 55% commentary and 45% reporting."

Clearly any new outlet pushing their agenda 85% of the time is being anything but honest. I am not saying that Fox News doesn't do the same but they are far from being as bad as MSNBC.

Personally I try to watch both and figure somewhere in the middle is the actual truth.

Here is the link.
http://stateofthemedia.org/2013/overvie … s/#content

I consider myself politically conservative but do NOT watch FOX News because whenever I have in the past, I always felt like they were just telling me what I wanted to hear, rather than what I needed to know.

Whoa, big fella. Sounds like I struck a nerve. I understand it's very easy to do with Nobama lovers, so please forgive me.

I long for the days when the facts were presented without the spin.  The news stations are really just using facts to promote an agenda, it may be in favor of US policy, a conservative or liberal view, or any agenda of a so called special interest group.   I prefer to just have the facts, I can form my own opinion.   Just my 1000 dong worth...

jkelly5762 wrote:

Whoa, big fella. Sounds like I struck a nerve. I understand it's very easy to do with Nobama lovers, so please forgive me.

If you're addressing me, no nerves here. I just think there's better ways to get the news than from FOX. If you want to watch it, it's fine with me.

Like others here, I have a Slingbox connected to Time-Warner cable on the East coast of US. I've got a choice of about 200+ channels to watch, so FOX News is very low on my viewing priority. I'm more into sports than news anyway.

ancientpathos wrote:

I long for the days when the facts were presented without the spin.  The news stations are really just using facts to promote an agenda, it may be in favor of US policy, a conservative or liberal view, or any agenda of a so called special interest group.   I prefer to just have the facts, I can form my own opinion.   Just my 1000 dong worth...

Couldn't agree more.

PARMYD: I had to read the section of the report you referenced a few times but could not find the word "dishonest."  The paragraph only dealt with percentages of commentary and opinion vs. news.  If you want to assume that commentary and opinion equals "dishonest" then Faux News is dishonest more than half the time.  But you know what happens when you assume.

Hello > some off topic posts have been moved to a private mod forum.

Does that mean deleted...lol

perry88 wrote:

PARMYD: I had to read the section of the report you referenced a few times but could not find the word "dishonest."  The paragraph only dealt with percentages of commentary and opinion vs. news.  If you want to assume that commentary and opinion equals "dishonest" then Faux News is dishonest more than half the time.  But you know what happens when you assume.

Perry88,

I just got home and have been drinking so I will defer until tomorrow to respond.