English speaking playgroups

Hi, we've only recently moved here and I'm wondering if there is anyone who knows of or is interested in forming a group for children to meet and play together in english? My children can speak swedish but are missing the english connection. I would also like to meet some english speaking mums and dads too. Let me know if there is anyone interested out there.

Hello sevenmanytruth.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Aurélie

Hello!
I am a Swedish mum with an English-speaking (or at least understanding) son. He is 5 years old. I would very much like him to meet other English-speaking children, because now he goes to a Swedish-speaking pre-school and doesn't get many opportunities to speak or listen to English. I don't know of any play-groups, so if there isn't one, perhaps we can start one?!

Hej,

Thanks so much for getting in touch. I haven't been able to find a playgroup as yet so it would be great to get something up and running.
If you're still interested can you send me an email? Then we can organize something from there.
[email protected]

Thanks
Natalie

You may be pretty well established by now, but if you are still looking for playdates for your kids, please tell me how old your kids are.  Mine are now probably older than yours (boys 9 and 11), but I do know some younger English-speaking children.  We moved from the U.S. just a few months ago, so my children are English-speaking and have started to learn a tiny bit of Swedish.  Sandy