The real Kazakhstan

Hey Folks I am hoping someone can help me here. Ok I am looking to travel Eastern Europe and visit places such as Kazakhstan, Ukraine and Romania. What I am looking for here though is not to see the city the hussle and bussle - I want to see the side that everyone talks of. The culture the families who still use tradition - the yurts, farming all this. Does anyone has any ideas of such things in Kazakhstan and maybe active charities in the area. I have used the internet but then thought - who would know better than anyone who spends there days here.

Hopefully you guys can help

Thanks

Hi,

I think there are some travel agencies in Almaty which organize that kind of tours (sleeping in a yurt, eagle hunting, countryside touring...). I haven't done it myself, but I know many expats who were satisfied about this.
About charities, most of the ones I know are American (orphanage supporting etc.).
If you come here, don't miss the opportunity to visit Almaty, which is a really great town and offers plenty of things to do, and is also "real" Kazakhstan.