Car impounded...

My car was impounded from a no parking area...what does it cost to release it and do they charge perday amount for number of days kept in impound lot (wadi laban)....plz help someone.

Yes they do. The cost of releasing it would depend on all the unpaid penalty due the vehicle has.

oh noooo :(
how much do u think per day penalty is? I dont have any due amount left though.

Per day penalty is not huge, its something like a parking charge. I had given it once, But I cant recall the exact amount.

ok i got it confirmed...its a total charge of 150sr (not calculated per day which is a huge weight off my back)....but its taking time to get the car released, they are asking a NOC certificate with chamber of commerce stamp. Man these guys just like to torture us dont they...i have to do all this plus go far city outskirts while leaving my job (penalty for abscence)...aaaarh

:dumbom: at least you get their message...
Don't Park at "No Parking" Areas!!!

- and thanks for the tip about the cost (not that i have my car impounded) :D

thegameguru wrote:

ok i got it confirmed...its a total charge of 150sr (not calculated per day which is a huge weight off my back)....but its taking time to get the car released, they are asking a NOC certificate with chamber of commerce stamp. Man these guys just like to torture us dont they...i have to do all this plus go far city outskirts while leaving my job (penalty for abscence)...aaaarh

R U sure coz I could have sworn there was a Parking charge kind of stuff. I guess you will know when u have it taken out eventually. please let us know.

Can anyone experienced in this matter help me with the process? I am between transferring my iqama to another company, so I was nervous like what documents do I need to release my car... I heard we just need to go to Nasriyah Traffic police dept and get a ticket from there using our car registration card. Then what do I do and what other paperwork is required? I will be so grateful if anyone can help me quick. Thanks.

thegameguru wrote:

Can anyone experienced in this matter help me with the process? I am between transferring my iqama to another company, so I was nervous like what documents do I need to release my car... I heard we just need to go to Nasriyah Traffic police dept and get a ticket from there using our car registration card. Then what do I do and what other paperwork is required? I will be so grateful if anyone can help me quick. Thanks.

I dont know where the NOC thing came from, when this happened to me last time, they released the car after I produced my Iqama and paid the fine. Maybe you can go upto them one more time, and if its a different guy your luck might change.

FINALLY! At long last, got my car back. Phew.
    I just wished these effin traffic police guys were a bit polite to explain what needed to be done or atleast post the instructions in english! My god...took me 3days and it wasn't even an hour's job.

For future reference, these are the steps required to get your car back from the impound lot if your car was impounded for No-Parking zone:

1. Take your Vehicle Registration card along with a photocopy of the same to the Traffic Police Station in Nasriyah, Bldng 5. There are 5 windows, go to any window and show them ur photocopy and he will give you a File number (?)....assuming the vehicle is under your personal reg. not company's.

2. Take the file number to the impound lot (most prolly the Wadi Laban area) and again stand in a queue of 3 windows. You must bring along your ID/Driving license Xerox plus the Vehicle Reg. xerox with file no attached. Hand them over and he will sign a release form.

3. Exactly opposite the 3 windows is the "Treasury" window where you should pay a fine of 100sr (atleast for me) and any remaining dues.

4. Take your car from the lot and get the HELL OUTTA THERE!

Thats all folks. Hope it can come in handy for anyone out there.

Thank you for the info.

My car is impounded but it wasn't a parking issue.
i gave my car to  Mr.X and he had a small accident with Mr. Y.
since Mr.X didn't have iqama so he left the car unattended and flee. while maroor came and impound the car. then i went to maroor for release papers, the inspector demanded NOC from Mr.Y.
but Mr.Y lives in Dammam (the accident was in riyadh) so he is not answering my calls and told me i'm on my own and will not assist in getting a NOC document from him.
so now, i'm in a situation where Mr.Y doesn't want to help and the inspector needs NOC.
This is pretty much my story.

1- Have you process in MOI/Absher an authorization for Mr. X to drive your car.
2- You and Mr. X should be under the same sponsor/Khafeel.
3- Have you and Mr. X visited Muroor and sign authorization letter in front of Traffic Police Officer.
4- After signing the authorization letter, the Traffic Police Officer will issue a Certificate containing of Mr. X name to drive your vehicle.
5- Required documents to process authorization letter:
  - 5.1 Valid Iqama of Mr. X and yourself
  - 5.2 Valid car registration
  - 5.3 Valid driver license both of you
  - 5.4 Valid comprehensive car insurance policy

To avoid speculation, let us know first if you have satisfied the above statement.

You misunderstood. it was never about authorization letter between me and Mr. X
let me revise.......
I gave my car to X,
he bumped into Y. (small car accident)
maroor came and impound the car.
(because X flee from the scene since he didn't have Iqama with him).
i went to maroor for letter to release my car.
Maroor asked for NOC from Mr.Y.
Mr.Y don't answer my calls. so now, i'm stuck unable to release my car without NOC from Y.

You can revise the history but you cannot re-write the reality. As responsible expat driver, Mr. X should NEVER leave the area where the accident took place. This is for your information and guidance. Also, NEVER forget to have with you your Iqama whenever you go any part of Saudi Arabia.

Your argument that Mr. X leave the accident area because he doesn't have Iqama that time when he bumped Mr. Y car is questionable. This indicate either literally that Mr. X do not have Iqama or his Iqama is not valid (expired) when the accident occur.

let me start over.
my friend's iqama expired. he asked my iqama to purchase the car.
he bought the car on my iqama. so now, there are 2 cars on my ID.
1 for my personal use, 2nd was for my friend to drive.
one day he made a small accident and flee the scene because, his iqama was expired and the vehicle is on my name. maroor came and tow the car. 
now, i have been making trips to these police station to clear the dues and get the car but these people doesn't speak english and i don't speak arabic, so i don't know what's the procedure to get the car or atleast remove it from my ID.