Accomodation in Delhi... a nightmare?

Hi all,
We have the possibility of moving to Delhi next fall because of job transfer. We shall be working in the Lodi area so I have been searching for accomodation around this area just to orientate myself (budget between 3000 and 3500 US $) and... to my shock, unless I am looking at the wrong web sites, what I have seen for these prices are small (100 sqm) and quite darkish appartments and no houses at all ! ... Any hints, web sites, other areas not far from Lodi with more reasonable pricing? Any possibility of getting a house for this price? Or I have to come to terms that Delhi has one of the most expensive real state markets in the planet ?  Arrrggg... Thanks in advance !

Hi Pat,

Yes you are looking for a place in the heart of the city. If you step little aside, will be able to get better places and reasonable cost.

also depends if you are looking for bunglow or condo ? best way to go for it is through classified (Times of India.

Also need to figure out if you are looking for a fully furnished house / condo or partly or without any furniture.

I myself being an expat, based out of malaysia has gone through lot of difficulties in finding a good place, can understand your situation.

Let me know if you need any further help.

Note:  I have a fully furnished flat in Noida (30 mts drive from Lodi) if you are interested.

Best Regards
Anand
+6012 3381180

Hi Pat,

I am Devender  Bisht , i am a professional real estate consultant, based out of New Delhi and i cater to most the the expat community in New Delhi , i understand your concern and i can find you very good accomodation for 3000 to 3500$ in and around Lodhi Road.

Kindly let me know your requirement, i shall be able to find you decent accomodation of your choice.

Regard

Devender  BIsht
Handphone : 09711168655
email: [email protected]     

patfamily wrote:

Hi all,
We have the possibility of moving to Delhi next fall because of job transfer. We shall be working in the Lodi area so I have been searching for accomodation around this area just to orientate myself (budget between 3000 and 3500 US $) and... to my shock, unless I am looking at the wrong web sites, what I have seen for these prices are small (100 sqm) and quite darkish appartments and no houses at all ! ... Any hints, web sites, other areas not far from Lodi with more reasonable pricing? Any possibility of getting a house for this price? Or I have to come to terms that Delhi has one of the most expensive real state markets in the planet ?  Arrrggg... Thanks in advance !

Welcome on Expat-blog Pat! Have you tried the New Delhi classifieds. I hope this helps.

Good luck
Christine.

hi

3500$ is a guud budget for house in lodhi ares u can get a place in golf link for that budget or try safdarjung enclave

Hi There,
I am a Delhi ite who has lived abroad for many years.It was a TASK for me to find an apartment on rent although I grew up here.You might not get too much of correct info through internet probably!I came here alone to sort my housing out before moving my family as my wife is a foreigner too.However, feel free to contact me for any assistance required in a foreign land.Regards, Sharma.