Monthly Cost of an Apt. for an Expat...

Hi, please excuse me if this has been asked 100x before!

What is the average monthly cost for a nice furnished 1 bedroom in a good area, convenient to a metro stop? 

I've been perusing websites but it's pretty clear to me the prices are waaaaaaaaaaay jacked up for westerners.

Many thanks.

Unless you specify the city it is not possible to guide you suitably.

Naval Rungta wrote:

Unless you specify the city it is not possible to guide you suitably.

I'm in the Delhi forum, correct?  Meaning, I am asking about Delhi.

Thanks for your reply.

Alliecat wrote:

What is the average monthly cost for a nice furnished 1 bedroom in a good area, convenient to a metro stop? 

Many thanks.

Welcome Cat to an Indian Forum,

It would depend mostly on the location of your stay. Even if you consider the vicinity of the metro. See south delhi is a very nice area to stay as compared to the other parts of Delhi

However as a Thumb rule, you can get a nice furnished accomodation (1BHK) near the metro ranging from 400$ to 700$.

BTW, are you relocationg to MAHATAMA's Land ??? :)

saimans wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

Many thanks.

Welcome Cat to an Indian Forum,

It would depend mostly on the location of your stay. Even if you consider the vicinity of the metro. See south delhi is a very nice area to stay as compared to the other parts of Delhi

However as a Thumb rule, you can get a nice furnished accomodation (1BHK) near the metro ranging from 400$ to 700$.

BTW, are you relocationg to MAHATAMA's Land ??? :)

Everything I read seems to refer to south Delhi.  So it's 400-700 US Dollars?

As far as relocation, yep, my days in Saudia are numbered!

Alliecat wrote:

Everything I read seems to refer to south Delhi.  So it's 400-700 US Dollars?

As far as relocation, yep, my days in Saudia are numbered!

Yeh it would be something around that range only. BTW, incase you need any help regarding this do let me know or PM me, Have many contacts in that part of the world !! :)

Good Luck !

I can provide u a well equipped room in my apartment for 250 a month

manasse wrote:

I can provide u a well equipped room in my apartment for 250 a month

No thanks.  Want my own place.

Hi...as i see the post i have to ask whats ur preferable area of stay or work,coz gurgaon have metro too nowadays and some part in north delhi which has delhi university have some cheap accomodations.

priyankgoel wrote:

Hi...as i see the post i have to ask whats ur preferable area of stay or work,coz gurgaon have metro too nowadays and some part in north delhi which has delhi university have some cheap accomodations.

Everything I've read is that South Delhi is is best (cleanest, most green space, etc.).  My primary concern, of course, is safety and I would also need access to the metro.

Surely,safety is the first concern but remember in Delhi,all the localities are same as far as safety is concerned.You need to be cautious always.

In north delhi,university area is clean and green too with cheap prices and gurgaon too has nice environment.So its for you to decide.

All the best )

priyankgoel wrote:

Surely,safety is the first concern but remember in Delhi,all the localities are same as far as safety is concerned.You need to be cautious always.

I agree to Priyank. In addition to that safety would always be in your hands !!

Good Luck :)

saimans wrote:
priyankgoel wrote:

I agree to Priyank. In addition to that safety would always be in your hands !!

Good Luck :)

Safety depends on WHERE you're at.  You can be extremely cautious but would you want to be in Syria right now? :P

Okay, I've got some more information!

The Hauz Khas area.

I'm thinking a 'serviced apt.' might work best for me:  secure, all utilities taken care of, high-speed internet, satellite TV, etc. etc. etc.

Any that you know of in this area?  Oh, and BTW, what do nice service apts. usually cost per month?  I see them advertised but none of them will give a monthly price--they just want you to fill out your information so they can call you and I sure don't want that!

Thanks for any and all help :)

If you'r coming for longer than 2 months, it would be a kinda waste to go for serviced apartment. You can ha e all that installed & running within 7 to 10 days of your shifting in.

One way to save money is for going in for "furnished" apartment, that is if your stay is less than a year's.

The stay would be from mid-August to mid-December. 

So by saying a service apt. would be a waste, you mean too expensive?  The nice thing about it, though, is that all the *b*s* is taken care of (wifi, satellite, etc.).  I'll be coming in from Saudi Arabia and have had my full of *b*s* here  lol

Is it possible to rent a regular furnishe apt. short term (4 mos.)?

Alliecat wrote:

The Hauz Khas area.

Any that you know of in this area?  Oh, and BTW, what do nice service apts. usually cost per month?  I see them advertised but none of them will give a monthly price--they just want you to fill out your information so they can call you and I sure don't want that!

Very Nice Area ! Almost in the heart of Delhi with everything available at a stone throw away distance.

That's the USP of Delhi !!:D

saimans wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

The Hauz Khas area.

Very Nice Area ! Almost in the heart of Delhi with everything available at a stone throw away distance.

That's the USP of Delhi !!:D

Are you from Delhi, saimans?

I'm scouting out this Hauz Khas area but there doesn't seem to be much available when it comes to 1-bedroom furnished apts.

What areas nearby would be just as good and a simple metro hop away?

Alliecat wrote:

I'm scouting out this Hauz Khas area but there doesn't seem to be much available when it comes to 1-bedroom furnished apts.

How are you trying to find out the details ?? PM me if you need any info or help....

Oh, No I'm not from Delhi but have spent good 5 Years there !! :)

Hey....

what your budget??? i have this one bedroom apartment at Saket (if you know that area)...it has a big, i mean BIG room, attached kitchen, bath....and two side terrace...

Aamit

saimans wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

How are you trying to find out the details ?? PM me if you need any info or help....

Oh, No I'm not from Delhi but have spent good 5 Years there !! :)

Well Jeeze, then you know it well! Five years is a long time!

Just tell me what areas nearby are easily accessible to Hauz Klas by metro, please :)

Aamit wrote:

Hey....

what your budget??? i have this one bedroom apartment at Saket (if you know that area)...it has a big, i mean BIG room, attached kitchen, bath....and two side terrace...

Aamit

What a coincidence LOL

I have no idea where Saket is :(  it would have to be very close to the KH area for me to consider it.  Is it only one room (studio) or does it have a bedroom and is it furnished?

And my budget is as little as possible lol since I won't be making any $$.

its one room as in the moment you enter the place, its a room...straight up....but its big enough to have a couch seating in front with a coffee table of something like that....and then you can have your double bed there....it has open terrace on both the sides (front and back)...Saket is i guess one or two stations away from hauz khas....or you can say, a fifteen minutes drive (considering delhi traffic)...its close.

i think my frien'd paying 11k or 12k for the place...she's vacating really soon,,,may be in a weeks time..i also wanted to kep that place as it feel good there...but  not good to spend that much just to have a beer in evening :P

Alliecat wrote:
Aamit wrote:

Hey....

Aamit

What a coincidence LOL

I have no idea where Saket is :(  it would have to be very close to the KH area for me to consider it.  Is it only one room (studio) or does it have a bedroom and is it furnished?

And my budget is as little as possible lol since I won't be making any $$.

Aamit wrote:

i also wanted to kep that place as it feel good there...but  not good to spend that much just to have a beer in evening :P

So.. this means I could expect you to be stopping by? :lol:

But I have to have a furnished place.  I'll only be staying in Delhi for 4 months.

I can check that out...that possibility also doesn't seem impossible...ya rite, i can check that tomorrow morning (about the furniture)...

hope i be able to help

Alliecat wrote:
Aamit wrote:

i also wanted to kep that place as it feel good there...but  not good to spend that much just to have a beer in evening :P

So.. this means I could expect you to be stopping by? :lol:

But I have to have a furnished place.  I'll only be staying in Delhi for 4 months.

Hey Aamit, I thank you for the offer but please don't go to any trouble for me. 

The two terraces sound wonderful but my housing is going to be very important to me and I'm going to need certain amenities (like air conditioning, high speed internet, satellite TV, apparently back-up power, etc.).  I'm willing to pay more for these things, of course.

[Moderated]

No Macrena here. That was another thread.

You've posted the same thing on five threads and will probably end up being banned.  It was a stupid thing to do.