Abu Dhabi Salary for a family of 4

Hi All,

I am happy to join this community and share experiences!

I've been offered a position in Abu Dhabi and I now am in a middle of a sea of doubts ...
The offer apparently is not bad but the house is not provided and  this is a huge inconvenience and uncertainty.... Therefore, I am looking for your opinions about it. We are a family of 4 (2kids)

The offer basically consists in:

Yearly AED:
Basic                         413,000
Housing allowance    165,000
Transportation            22,000
Total (AED)                600,000

PLus:
- health benefits (Daman plans ??)
- annual home travel allowance
- reimbursement of tuition for children
- life insurance 3 times annual salary

Thank U all in advance!!!

This is a fantastic package, and a great change from Jeddah for you and family.  Do not even discuss this with anyone, just take the offer.

Excellent offer, don't even think

Thank u all for your comments ...

Would you recommend a web site to find a house ? Is this a valid way to do it or it is better to go in person and negotiate directly with the real state agents ? What is the best approach to find accommodation in Abu Dhabi?

Which would be  the typical expenses in the house? water/gas/garbage/electricity/community

thanks again !

THIS IS A VERY GOOD OFFER FOR YOU BOSS...CONGRATULATIONS.
I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR AN OFFER VIA INETERNET EVER SINCE. PLEASE CAN YOU RECOMMEND A SITE FOR ME FOR A JOB SEARCH.BECAUSE I AM FROM NIGERIAN.

KIND REGARDS
SHERIFF ADEYEMO

Dear Mocutan,

the kind of package offered to you shows that u r joining for an excellent profile. so as per other members comment I will also suggest you to put your stamp of approval on this . i have seen people working on the package of 300K AED and they are enjoying all the luxury. Abu Dhabi is a beautiful place to live and well managed  comparing to other emirates . as far as expenses are concern 120-150k you can rent a villa which I dont think require for a family of 4 , the best option for you will be a 1 /2 bedroom flat in abu dhabi which might cost you 60-100k /annum or may be lesser. other expenses are very minimal all the stuff u mentioned above will not be more than 2000 aed.                    as far as website is concern Dubizzle is the best one u can find all stuff whatever u require in UAE,u can search the accomodation of your choice location and budget as well.i hope this info will be usefull for u for any further help please message me

@sheffricco -> Can you please start a new thread on the Abu Dhabi forum with your questions on job search?

PS: Please lower your caps lock when writing so as to ease the reading!

Thank you,
Aurélie

HI rohit1986!

Thank you very much for your comments ... I really appreciate all that info!

What do you mean with "put your stamp of approval on this" ??

sheffricco, I don't know reliable a place to search for jobs in the Emirates :S ... I just received the first  offer through LinkedIn, and  after all the process took place, then I had to negotiate the conditions with the employer ... if that might help

thanks again!

HI again!

haha sorry rohit1986 .. I thought you were talking about some specific thing about the forum :) when u said " put your stamp of approval on this" ... Ok, yes , I am pretty convinced with it and I think I will accept this offer ... Thank U all

hi mocutan,

he he ,well sorry for my complicated reply :-), "put your stamp of approval on this" simply means "accept it ". the package is excellent and also u will find a lot of positive changes in your lifestyle after moving from Jeddah to Dubai. ....all the best from my side

Yes I got it... I just read it too quickly the first time :)
Thanks again for your comments

Super excellent Offer ! Go for it !

Hi, I am a Project Leader with B.Tech, MBA and PMP certification. I have two kids, one goes to school(6 Years). I got a call for an opportunity in Abu Dhabi and am asked for an expected CTC. I do not have any idea of what to expect, as i don't have idea of expenses in Abu Dhabi. I request somebody to help me out with normal expenses and TAX PART in Abu Dhabhi. Also let me know what package I can expect, so that i don't lose out asking fro less package :)

Dear Nabi,
I am planning to move soon
studying expenses and currently my husband is looking around

a2 to 3 bedroom apartment in the center would be from 120k to 170k depends on location and services, most without parking, which is a big issue
if outside, near Raha and MBZ you can rent a villa for 120k to 150k
that is if you have a family.
if not, a studio or one bedroom is much cheaper
some people share as well, if you have a friend over there, you can share an apartment
International schools cost per kid from 15k up to 50k (depends on school and curriculum)
Schools are usually hard to get in, and are full, good luck with that
Monthly expenses vary, for a family of 4, it might be 8k to 10k, we calculated it based on our lifestyle
A car also varies
you would have to check dubizzle.com
But you will not have a driving license for a while anyway after you arrive, it will take time..

biggest chunk goes to schools and rent.

[Moderated: Avoid copy/paste pls]

It's good and well enough to live on, but everyone has different expectations and lifestyle.  Only you'll know if its a good deal for you...

It's best offer for your. You should go ahead without getting any confusion.

considering there are people in dubai who live comfortably on 5,000 AED a month, i think you will be fine with your 50,000 AED a month!!