Student cook need help :)

hello everyone!

I am studying to become a cook and I'm looking for a hotel that would accept me doing my summer practise there.Anyone know if it is possible?Do hotels accept foreigners for this purpose?Any help is much appreciated!

Hi and welcome to the forum amaradon!

Maybe you could try posting an advert in the Helsinki jobs section for potential employers.
Hope it helps!

Regards
Armand

HEllo! Do you expect salary from the practice? I think many restaurants accept foreign cooks as trainees. But you want a proper job offer they normally require work experiences, but as a trainee without payment it should be pretty easy to get. It depends. Which city are you studying in? I suggest you contact all restaurants in the city as well as all over Finland, it's still early in the year they may give you a place in the summer. Also check on mol.fi. I just searched for kokki and found thousands of notices. Be patient to search through and if lucky you might find some paid place for trainees.

I am from Greece and I study here. The thing is that if I do this practise here I will be getting accomodation and some minor salary.
Its just that I'm soooo in love with the north and finland that I want to move there some day and I think doing this practise there would be good for me making connections and showing myself around. Also I'm more that willing to take language classes and work more than 12 hours like cooks do.For the sake of my love I can accept not getting payed but at least have somewhere to stay, maybe a hotel section for people working there.And its not that I cant cook and I will be needing much attention.The word "assistant" would describe the thing I'm looking for more acurately than trainee.Anyway, thank you so much for the info.I will be searching for notices.