Cost of Living in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

Hello Friends,

My name is Amar Singh, I recently got an offer from one of the IT company in Saudi. I have around 4 years of experience. I have been offered the salary of dollars 3000 i.e. 11,250.00 SAR/month, along with the accommodation, transportation, and medical insurance. I will be staying in Riyadh alone.

Could you all please help me with the expenses that I have to do for daily food - twice, breakfast and snacks in the evening, and other expenses like daily water costs.

Your help would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Waiting for all your replies.

Regards,
Amar Singh

Hi! this topic has been covered many times over and a simple search within this blog will give u most of the answers.

But still an overview - as a single person a shared flat accommodation will cost u between SAR 1000-1500 pm. A separate 1 BHK flat can cost between 12K-20K for a year's rent depending on locality.
Public transport is not available and minimum taxi charge is SAR 10. So typically people try to stay near there offices.
Main Asian areas here are HARA & BATHA.
Food costs btw SAR 8-10 for a thali / meal.

For accommodation u can check in classifieds section on this site as well as expatriates.com

Thanks kymadoce,:)

Just is my salary correct for the 4 years of experience or should I demand more.

Amar Singh wrote:

Thanks kymadoce,:)

Just is my salary correct for the 4 years of experience or should I demand more.

I guess you should ask this question to yourself depending on your capabilities and worth !

BTW, as a thumb rule 3-4 times of the salary what you might be getting at home country is considered to be a good salary. And I mean Home country as INDIA !

Good Luck :)

from india? id take it. thats about what that job would earn in the us

Hi! Amar....Saimans is correct....salary depends on u.... but wht i wud like to advice is u need  to look at an overall career perspective.... here ur leanings mayn't be grt...tough few jobs may be exception but generally in term of skills, here u cash them but typically don't get chance to build them....
Have a backup plan ready in case u aren't satisfied here...

[Moderated: Off topic + communicate by PM]

Thank you friends for all your suggestions.
Just a one more question, where do we get the good Indian food in the Riyadh and at what cost?

Almost all localities - main are Hara & Batha. A combo meal is SAR 10. Taken separately it can cost from SAR 24- 60 per person depending on restaurant.  Chk this -
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=27716