SIM card for unlocked iPhone 3G

After spending a couple of hours reading how to do it, I jailbroke and unlocked an old iPhone 3G recently. The thing worked like a champ when I transferred theSTC SIM card from Nokia N72 which finally gave up the ghost this week.

So now a question arises. Is possible to buy a SIM card that will permit both phone and data that can be used in this iPhone.

The lad at the local electronic shop I visited yesterday told me that such SIM cards are only sold packaged with a new smart phone. According to him combined phone and data SIM cards aren't available a la carte

Any illumination on the matter would be much appreciated.

Yes, it's possible to buy such a SIM. Visit any STC/Mobily/Zain and ask for their data bundles.

i have three of said sims. just walk into the store and say you want a sim card for talk and data.  free with airtime purchase

TheLegendLeads wrote:

Yes, it's possible to buy such a SIM. Visit any STC/Mobily/Zain and ask for their data bundles.

"Data bundle" that's the term I was looking for. Many thanks for the quick response.

Freshlikesushi wrote:

i have three of said sims. just walk into the store and say you want a sim card for talk and data.  free with airtime purchase

Thank you Freshlikesushi, it's starting to make sense now. Much appreciated.