Planning to move to Milan

Dears,

I am planning for my move to Milan, I am currently living in Egypt but I have the Italian citizenship. I am taking care of finding a job but what I need to know is how much money I shall take with me to cover my cost of living, rent, electricity, phone calls, food and everything for like two months until I settle in my work. Please I need you opinions.

Hi Nerin... Things are a bit expensive down here... But am not sure how much u need to carry... For me am staying here for a month and am using daily about 200 euro..this covers hotel, food, transportation, phone calls expenses.. It all depends on you and how you manage it... Anyways.. Am staying here till 22 dec this year... Hope to catch up with you if you planing to visit soon..Ciao

I can give you my point of view.

If you able to find some place in a shared flat/apartment to spent two months, living cost would be down. I am looking for long term accommodation in Milan and from my experience You could find a place in 600-700 Euro/ month (around main areas). I suppose one can survive in Milan in 900-1000 Euro / month (easily). off course, definition of luxury and necessity vary from person to person, so its up to you as well.

Thank you all for your assistance :), that was beneficial.

Accommodation :

Renting room would be your biggest concern, because although room rent may be 400, but you need to pay deposit which can be anything from 250 euros to equivalent of 2 months rent. So 1st month rent + deposit itself may go around 1000 euros
Another cheap alternative (without having to pay deposit) is living in BnB dorm. Can cost you around 10 euros/night, and you will share room with 3-6 people. I always opt for this when moving to new city because initially I dont know where would be my workplace etc, so stay in BnB, know the city and your workplace and once things are finalized, go for long term renting.

Food : If you cook at home everyday, would not cost more than 100-150 euros. If you opt to eat outside, one time meal costs around 7 euros.

Transportation : You can buy a monthly pass for 35 euros for unlimited use (+10 euros for first month required to buy the id card. Then you recharge this card for 35 bucks every month).

Mobile phone : around 10 euros/month for approx. 200 minutes local calls + 200 local SMS + Mobile Internet. International calling depends on operator and your use.

Hope this helps...

Milan is quite expensive, you ll see
you can check on internet, there are website that calculate the living standard, depending on different items you need to buy/rent ... flat, food, clothes etc