Finding work in Gibraltar

Hi,

I am 24, from Scotland moving to southern Spain in February 2010 with my partner and we are hoping to find work in Gibraltar. We have booked the flights and accomodation and are ready to make a go of it come rain or shine.

I know that it is not going to be easy and I am not expecting a great job and a picture perfect life however we just want to have enough to at least get by. I've got a degree and five years of experience within the Financial Services Industry, as does my partner.

We are aware that a lot of the agencies advertise non-existent jobs and therefore just want to apply direct to companies when we arrive, however we would be really grateful for any advice with regards to finding a job in Gib from anyone who has been in the same situation?

We also wanted to ask if La Linea is really such a bad place to live?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks very much,
Michelle

Hi
With regards to jobs, I don't need to tell you that it's no bed of roses over here in that respect, as I've mentioned to many other posters on this forum.
Yes, some Agencies advertise bogus jobs just to get you onto their books so that they can then boast that they have x amount of people looking for work to prospective companies who might be considering using their services, its a ploy that I find very underhand, there was one particular Agency in Gib who was always doing this, but I think it no longer exists :D...what a shame!

No, La Linea isn't such a bad place to live, lots of Brits live here, I have lived here a few years and it's fine. It depends what you want really, living elsewhere would mean driving to Gibraltar every day, or driving to La Linea and parking there.