Introducing Myself!

Hi, my name's Eric and I'm currently living in Houston, TX.

My wife is from Honduras and we've been married about 30 years now.
She has a large family, all living in and around Tegucigalpa.

It's time for us to start thinking planning doing something about retirement. I've been to Honduras several times over the years and fell in love with the country and the people (well, most of them) a long time ago.

Our last trip was about a month ago and I was struck by what looked like some economic improvement there. Anyway, to make a long story short, we took the plunge and actually bought a new home there in a new neighborhood on the outskirts of Tegucigalpa (Residencial Copacabana). (*gulp*)

While I won't be able to retire for a few years, my wife can go and stay a couple of months at a time. I'll be there for vacations at least.

Wish us luck!

Hi Eric,

welcome to Expat.com! :)

Thank you for this introduction.;)

Copacabana is a nice development on the south of the city, good choice! Did you had a chance to look at El Sauce development?

The upside of your location is that is mainly middle class / upper class developments and a new mall (City Mall has just opened with USA brands and bringing new economic growth to the city)

You might need to start thinking about something to do once you are in Honduras retired