Rentals

Pl let me know the rentals of a two bedroom fully furnished apartmrnt in good indian locality in muscat. Also tell me how good is the OHI group.

Hello Madhushree.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

For the apartment, you can post an advert in the Housing in Muscat section. It can help.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hello Madhushree

regarding your query,

2bhk fully furnished in between 450 to 600
W I furnish - 350 to 450 in good cities if if you go far from city you can get like the range of 200 to 350.

Food : average 60 to 80 OMR
E & W - 20 to 30 OMR
Net - it differs but normal 20 OMR

the life is pieceful in oman, the normal Technical staff salary in private sector is 500 to 800 only.

all kind os expense are depends how you leave....

god bless you and take care

if you need any more information please send email to friend0420[at]gmail.com or call me 00968 96371601

Madhushree wrote:

Pl let me know the rentals of a two bedroom fully furnished apartmrnt in good indian locality in muscat. Also tell me how good is the OHI group.

Hi Madhushree,

A fully furnished 2 BHK apartment in areas like Al Khuwair and Al Qurum would range between R.O. 550/- to about R.O. 850/- per month, depending on the location, the age of the building and the quality of the fittings used in the residence.

The reason I'm not mentioning about the other predominantly Indian neighborhoods (like Ruwi, CBD Area, MBD Area, Mumtaz Area, Al Falaj Area, Darsait, et al) is because, as far as I know, you don't get fully furnished apartments (yet) in these places.

Most new buildings in the above areas now invariably come with a fully-fitted kitchen (with cabinets, cooking range, burners,oven, grill) and wardrobes in the bedrooms. But that's about it.

About your second query, the OHI Group is one of Oman's well diversified and reputed business conglomerates. Since I am not involved with this group in any way, my comments are totally neutral. I also cannot say anything further about whether they're good or bad !

Good luck !

People pay 200 RO p.m. Rent n stay also, but u may not like Pigsties to stay. As the senior member says, be ready to pay fm 600 to 850 or 1000 RO for a good family apartment. It all depends on how well u have been living in Indias big cities like Delhi Mumbai or Bangalore.

Madhushree wrote:

Dear Madhushree!
Near to OHI, is Alkhuwair area (Adjacent to Bawsher).  The 2 bedroom in a new building with all luxuries (non-furnished) will cost you around between OMR 500 to 600.

However, the old buildings in the same area can be occupied in a monthly rent range of OMR 350 to 450 as well.

OHI is a well established group, especially in the field of IT. If you could describe the nature of the offered job, I can further expedite my comments on the same.

Best of luck!

hello,
my Name is Prasad and came to muscat few days back. I am also searching flat for me but as my needs and family is restricted I am searching 1 BHK flat. meanwhile everywhere I found 2 BHK, 3 BHK flats. Fully furnished flat in good and clam area would cost you around 400 O.R. Depends up on in which area you work. If have a vehicle then no problem.

Hello Prasad -> The Housing in Muscat section is at your disposal. Do not hesitate to post an advert. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

A good, suitable for family and children and safe furnished 2 bedroom apartment would cost approx 750 rials. Bachelors can however take risk and stay and not so safe places , since they wont have a child(ren) and wife to worry for.

hi Prasad,

I am planing to come to muscat in early March.
My office is in Al khuwair.
As i will be new to Muscat, transport will be issue initially till the time i get the driving license.
Could you suggest a good location to live near al khuwair from where i can get easy transport to office.
As initially i will be alone, 1bhk will be enough for me.

Pls help.

Deepak

Its good group for work...For living you can choose alkwair or Gubra which is good place to live..and you can find lot of indian family..
Regards

Omanagri wrote:

Its good group for work...For living you can choose alkwair or Gubra which is good place to live..and you can find lot of indian family..
Regards

Dear Omanagri,
This is a post from 2012 and i'm sure by now, the originator of this post must have renewed his/her visa too  :) Hence, you got 2 years late in responding back  :joking: