Cleaning business in Gib

Hi all. Having just found this forum I'd be very grateful for some advice on running a cleaning firm in Gibtaltar.

We currently run a contract cleaning firm in Plymouth, UK, carrying out daily cleaning in pubs, schools, etc, window cleaning using state of the art water fed poles up to five stories up carpet cleaning and hard floor maintenance. Are these services popular in Gibraltar and is it possible to run a profitable business carrying out the same services in Gibraltar?

I appreciate that where ever we relocate to we'll have to work hard so that's not an issue; I just need to know that we'll have a fighting chance of establishing ourselves with the services we offer.

Many thanks in advance.

Lee

Hello, my only experience of cleaning firms in gibraltar is the firm we use for the office.  The staff used tends to be spanish for some reason perhaps they can't find local gibraltarian staff, don't know. Window cleaning for us is a chap leaning out of the window with his rag and squeegy.  Haven't seen your state of the art poles here.  Not alot of offices here and i'd imagine the pubs and shops already have established firms doing their cleaning.

Hi
There are a few well established contract cleaning Companies in Gibraltar the other poster is correct in saying they only seem to employ Spanish Cleaners, (Gibraltarians don't do cleaning as a job!)so you would probably have to employ Spanish or other non-Gibraltarians.
However, it seems there is a shortage of Window Cleaners who will do private houses and flats, plenty will do shops and offices but don't want to do houses or flats. This could be because of the amount of flats in Gibraltar and the different types of windows and how far off the ground they are!.

Hello mate,

My name is Kamran. I am a Dutch citizen and curently live in The Netherlands. I am also thinking to relocate myself from The Netherlands to sunny Gibraltar. I am an engineer but I have experience in other branches as well: from website design to property renovation and window cleaning (I've done it years ago). I think we can help each other to start up a window cleaning business in Gibraltar. It is a good idea and after we start making some money for a living, we can also look around for other opportunities. If you are serious about starting up a window cleaning service in Gibraltar then I will be happy to shake your hand and share the costs with you. I am a family man, but my family stays in The Netherlands while I am starting up and later they will join me. You have my email address and telephone number is below. Please let me know if you are interested to start up together.

Best regards,
Kamran
[email protected]