Can you get an MOT for uk registered vehicles in Gibraltar?

Hi,

I have just returned to spain from morocco with the intention of driving back to the UK for the MOT as i was under the impression it was the only option, however i've just spoken to an english couple  who say their friend has done it in Gibraltar before?
Is it possible for any uk registered vehicle to go through the check, or do you have to be a resident of Gibraltar??
I'd appreciate information anyone might have about having the annual MOT check sorted in Gibraltar.
Thanks..

MOT's in Gibraltar are only for Gibraltar registered cars.

Regards

Grumpy

Sounds like an expensive MOT, hope it passes. 

Of course with Gib there is the option of registering the car here, you have to pay 30% import duty, but the valuation is a personal appraisal, so if you smile and say nice things, like, you look good in uniform, or if your a woman :)  believe me the last one is a winner and it can be anyone, they don't have to drive there just be draped across the bonnet wearing a bikini.  Ummm, where was I, oh yes, if you have an address in Gib or a job you can register a car, if you don't have either, then register a company and make the car a company car.   

The upside is, MOT every 2 years, you can still take the car into Europe, UK, etc etc and there is no road tax.

Technically if you are driving a UK registered car, you should have UK road tax, also you only have 6 month before they technically impound the car and crush it to make sea mines as Spanish fishing boats are a big worry here.

:)   Pick out the facts for from a call humour.

I'm interested in your comments re registering a company car in Gib. I have a Co in Gib and would like to reg my car to it. Any pointers?

ps it's unlikely the car will ever be driven in Gib

Hey, I got quote from Gib motorcycle store, to get my motorbike imported for £300, even I'm no resident.

Is this reasonable price, or any tips who can help with importation?

Thanks